Oct 18, 2020
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Dreamer D55 Select
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all

No sub-forum for Dreamer, so posting in Rapido, as I believe Dreamer is the ‘budget’ brand from Rapido (not that the cost of what I’ve just put a deposit down feels very ‘budget’ to me !)

Just put deposit down on new Dreamer Select D55 Limited, delivery July 2021.

Not actually seen this model in the flesh (have seen Dreamer Fun D55 Exclusive and crawled over it for 45 minutes) so think I know the look, feel and quality we’ll be getting, and think I know the spec differences between them (basically more standard kit on the Select (but can be spec’d onto the Fun)).

Looks to me as thought the ‘real’ differences are a bit more cupboard storage round the bed, sink/hob layout very slightly different, an extra colour option, Iron Grey, which we’ve gone for.

Does anyone else have any exposure / knowledge of this model (Select) and any other differences with the Fun that I’ve not spotted when trying to compare a few glossy brochure pictures?

Also, looking for any advise and recommendations for compact outdoor table and chairs that won’t fill / compromise the under-bed storage. (We’re changing from a VW California so have been spoilt with the snazzy ‘hidden’ table and chairs for the past 8 years)

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
Dreamer isn't a budget brand, but simply a sub-brand, focusing solely on panel van conversions. They are sold as Campereve in France and Dreamer elsewhere. If you compare the D55 Select with the Rapido V55, you'll see that the Dreamer version has a higher spec, including air suspension on the rear axle. The quality of fit out and the cabinetry is identical, so you aren't buying a budget van. Note that the Dreamer Fun range are more basic and are targeted at people on a budget. You have gone the right way in choosing a Select.

I've got a D55+ Select which is the 2019 version of your van and have been very happy with it so far. Fiat hadn't introduced the 9 speed auto option when we bought ours so we went with the Comfortmatic and it is fine once you learn the minor quirks. We also went with the 150Hp upgrade (now 160), having had a 130Hp Autotrail, which was OK but sometimes lacking grunt.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Swigle

Free Member
Oct 18, 2020
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Dreamer D55 Select
Exp
Since 2012
Dreamer isn't a budget brand, but simply a sub-brand, focusing solely on panel van conversions. They are sold as Campereve in France and Dreamer elsewhere. If you compare the D55 Select with the Rapido V55, you'll see that the Dreamer version has a higher spec, including air suspension on the rear axle. The quality of fit out and the cabinetry is identical, so you aren't buying a budget van. Note that the Dreamer Fun range are more basic and are targeted at people on a budget. You have gone the right way in choosing a Select.

I've got a D55+ Select which is the 2019 version of your van and have been very happy with it so far. Fiat hadn't introduced the 9 speed auto option when we bought ours so we went with the Comfortmatic and it is fine once you learn the minor quirks. We also went with the 150Hp upgrade (now 160), having had a 130Hp Autotrail, which was OK but sometimes lacking grunt.

Thanks for the explanation Garratt. Tbh I couldn’t get my head round the minimal differences between Dreamer D55 and Rapido V55, or even see the Dreamer as ‘budget’.

My budget means I’m limited to either 160 or automatic, so going with what the dealer has for the build slot - 140 automatic. He’s already changed the slot from Fun to Select which I’m very happy about.

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Hi Swigle, a bit late replying but we have a year old Dreamer D55+ (it might be a select +, I'll check the wording) that we bought from Highbridge last year, we love it! If you want anymore info, let me know. It's exactly the same as the pictures on the link below. We've just got a couple of fold up chairs and a table that fit in the lower garage compartment. If you want me to measure the height, length, I can.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hello and :welcome4:

Obviously you’ve made a very good choice!:LOL:;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
yes, if we were to going a tad smaller for a PVC then id have Dreamer well to the top of the list, along with Malibu and Adria, such an inovative brand.
they even have two types of drop down front bed (most brands have none) in the Living van and Family van....very clever.
Add in the way Itineo are coming up with new A class layouts and you can see how Rapido are using these sub brands to really push the design envelope.
Great to see.

Suz

Free Member
Feb 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
We have a 2019 Dreamer Select D55+ and so far ( limited use due to lockdowns ) we have found it an excellent van. Downsized from a A class but have not missed the space. We store flat folding table , 2 camper chairs and 2 folding electric bikes in the under bed storage. Plus the usual bit and pieces. The lighting is really good. Only thing we would have liked is an extra 3 pin plug by the table. Once you get use to the shower arrangement it works really well and nice to have a separate loo and basin to the shower. We find the automatic gear box works well and its very easy to drive, park etc.
We have added a solar panel and reversing camera and looking into adding a awning before the summer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back