LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
It seems a while ago when the song of the paddle drew us to make decisions to return to a mobile leisure life. We decided in Sept to sell our gorgeous static, a minute from the west wales beach we loved and with amazing sea views from our lounge. Many doubts and much sadness.

As 2013 meandered to it's end, we'd already bought our lovely Transit Jumbo, a 2 year old bare panel van, nothing but wooden ply lining. Jumbo has already been for his first measuring visit to the makeover doctor. His new U-shaped metal frame is being made this week and will be dropped in mid-jan for a test. Plans I've drawn have not got lost in translation and we've found an amazing guy who knows exactly what we want. Once the bed is in, our loo closet will be next. Then it's planning where everything else goes and the lining, insulation, windows, furniture etc will follow. Currently on course for Jumbo's first kayaking adventure to begin end Feb/March.

Ordered our French Aires 4th edition book this morning ready for Sept. Here's to an eventful 2014 and a realisation that sometimes we have to make hard decisions to make a change for the better. HAPPY NEW YEAR FUNSTERS!! Looking forward to more chats, wisdom and quizzes with you all ::bigsmile:

norrie14

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
glasgow
Funster No
MH
roller team
Exp
transit lumbo

hi I have a jumbo good van converted mine 2years ago and its got plenty of room I am thinking of changing layout as don't want to change van but want a change you will love it

QUOTE=snowdrops;903556]It seems a while ago when the song of the paddle drew us to make decisions to return to a mobile leisure life. We decided in Sept to sell our gorgeous static, a minute from the west wales beach we loved and with amazing sea views from our lounge. Many doubts and much sadness.

As 2013 meandered to it's end, we'd already bought our lovely Transit Jumbo, a 2 year old bare panel van, nothing but wooden ply lining. Jumbo has already been for his first measuring visit to the makeover doctor. His new U-shaped metal frame is being made this week and will be dropped in mid-jan for a test. Plans I've drawn have not got lost in translation and we've found an amazing guy who knows exactly what we want. Once the bed is in, our loo closet will be next. Then it's planning where everything else goes and the lining, insulation, windows, furniture etc will follow. Currently on course for Jumbo's first kayaking adventure to begin end Feb/March.

Ordered our French Aires 4th edition book this morning ready for Sept. Here's to an eventful 2014 and a realisation that sometimes we have to make hard decisions to make a change for the better. HAPPY NEW YEAR FUNSTERS!! Looking forward to more chats, wisdom and quizzes with you all ::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Yeah they're certainly roomy !!!! We were gonna have our small garage for wet kit going across the back, however, opted to have the u-shaped seating right up against the back and some storage at the side for wet kit instead. So many options for that amount of space isn't there ?!!! ::bigsmile:

hi I have a jumbo good van converted mine 2years ago and its got plenty of room I am thinking of changing layout as don't want to change van but want a change you will love it

QUOTE=snowdrops;903556]It seems a while ago when the song of the paddle drew us to make decisions to return to a mobile leisure life. We decided in Sept to sell our gorgeous static, a minute from the west wales beach we loved and with amazing sea views from our lounge. Many doubts and much sadness.

Ordered our French Aires 4th edition book this morning ready for Sept. Here's to an eventful 2014 and a realisation that sometimes we have to make hard decisions to make a change for the better. HAPPY NEW YEAR FUNSTERS!! Looking forward to more chats, wisdom and quizzes with you all ::bigsmile:
[/QUOTE]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back