Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
As the sun was shining today,and my health has improved,we decided to go and check the R.V. out.The last time i looked at it was at the end of October,after a few days away with Pat,(ruffingitsmoothly) Put the key in the door,switched on the electrics,nothing,zilch,no electric step,no interior lights nothing.I came down armed with the tool box,expecting to have to take all the batteries off to charge them.Stuck the key in the ignition,switched on,on came the glow plug lights,15 seconds later off they went,turned the key, and the old bus fired up.Dunno who was more surprised me or SWMBO.:whatthe:Took the leisure battery off,now on charge.Chassis batteries are 7 years old,leisure battery 1 year old,don't make sense does it?:Doh:Got to get it cleaned up now for the summer.:Cool:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dont wanna rain on your parade Martyn, but chances are after that length of time your leisures will be knackered.
have you got a smart charger?
it might pull them back but i reckon some expense is on its way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
martyn

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
Thanks John,only 1 leisure battery,less than a year old.If it don't charge up,it'll be going back!!!!!:winky:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
decided to go and check the R.V. out.The last time i looked at it was at the end of October

expecting to have to take all the batteries off to charge them.Stuck the key in the ignition,switched on,on came the glow plug lights,15 seconds later off they went,turned the key, and the old bus fired up.Dunno who was more surprised me or SWMBO.:whatthe:
Considering the length of time.........i'm very surprised.

Surprised you did not either take the batteries out before laying up, or at least isolate them.

And surprised it fired up after standing almost six months!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back