Dreaded creaking by the kitchen area. (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We have noticed that the floor is making a noise and moving up and down when we stand by the sink/cooker area.
I think some unbonding has taken place but I am loathe to put the repair gloop in there as I do not know the underfloor materials.
I though Hymers were supposed to be good, mine must be a Friday afternnon one, what with dripping leaks in the roof running down the inside and leaking garage doors. I do not really want to go back all the way to Yorkshire to get it fixed and feel the other dealer will give me the same answer as before, looked at the number plate and send we away with take it back where it came from. Beginning to regret spending so much money now.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Oh dear, that's a few problems you have there. Sounds like you have lost confidence in the van, is it best to sell and get another one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Hope the Jodel isn't getting unglued, then you'll have bigger problems :-(

Nice looking plane BTW

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Do not get downhearted, when looked at individually, each problem should be easy to remedy.
Leaks can and do happen to the best vans especially in the cold weather when everything shrinks a little, opening the smallest gaps just when the wet and windy weather are at their worst. As you say, some gloop on the underside may be able to remedy the creaking, something I have also noticed but until now accepted as fairly normal behaviour of timber. I do live in a very old house.
Leaks into garages may be due to seals or misaligned doors, which can happen as the hinges try to slacken a little and the doors drop. Easily fixed if that is the case

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Hope the Jodel isn't getting unglued, then you'll have bigger problems :-(

Nice looking plane BTW
It had a total rebuiuld over 8 years since I bought the wreckage, mainspar and fuselage including building the engine.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Do not get downhearted, when looked at individually, each problem should be easy to remedy.
Leaks can and do happen to the best vans especially in the cold weather when everything shrinks a little, opening the smallest gaps just when the wet and windy weather are at their worst. As you say, some gloop on the underside may be able to remedy the creaking, something I have also noticed but until now accepted as fairly normal behaviour of timber. I do live in a very old house.
Leaks into garages may be due to seals or misaligned doors, which can happen as the hinges try to slacken a little and the doors drop. Easily fixed if that is the case
I fitted some guttering to stop the garage doors leaking, the water followed a certain track from the roof down the seals and in, I saw it when it was raining hard once fixed both sides, The roof leak was bad where they left sealant form under a roof gutter and it poured in through the holes. at least there is no wood in it, It WAS done by the dealer they took the gutter off and blocked the holes with sealant and bigger screws. The floor needs an inserted glue pack but why do I have to pay for it, I should take it back to Bad Waldsee let them see the faults to fix the future ones coming out.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
You have my sympathy on this one, its very depressing to spend a large amount of money on ones pride and joy only to be plagued by build quality problems. Definitely NOT a good advert for Hymer, despite the costs involved I feel I would be inclined to take it back to the Factory
and endeavour to extract some compensation for your costs. I believe non supply Dealers are never very interested in resolving these issues because the warranty rates they get from the Manufacturer are much less than their normal hourly rate.
Good Luck keep us posted with the result.
Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Id take the van back to Germany and let Hymer sort it out. You could made a short break of it, or go en route to somewhere else, like The Romantic Road

Hope it gets sorted

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I was very near there in November BUT it wasn't moving or creaking then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40 miles away.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Go to hymer in bad waldsee.
I went with mine when it was 2 years old and they fixed everything and were pleased to do so. Even bits that travelworld said were not covered under warranty.
Hymer know about the floor panels.
Look up thread by @SteveandDenise.
They replaced his floor panels.
My understanding from hymer is glue drying too quickly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back