Draughty Ducato door vents? (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vintage
Exp
We have an Autotrail 1998 on a Ducato chassis, and the cab door is very draughty, so I thought I would take a look at the seals and the door lock adjustment thinking they may need replacing or adjusting, and then I notice these vents...

IMG_20200321_123547.jpg

Looks like they had some tape over previous, the passenger side still does. What are they for?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
They are just to allow air out, so it isn’t hard for the door to close. BUT, they aren’t particularly needed in a motorhome as you have plenty of other, non standard, vents. Cover with tape and see if you notice the difference.

Reactions: f6c
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
They are built into the basic delivery vans to allow delivery drivers to break wind without contaminating the goods, just tape them up as motorhome drivers don’t need this facility. Did have mine taped up but taken it off on the wife’s side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Tut, Tut Guys!, The vans are Italian Built, I thought everyone who liked Eating Italian food/Pasta outdoors, would recognise the handy Parmesan Cheese Grater built into the door jam. I can however see that some maybe be fooled into thinking that a fart has been emitted whilst driving especially in hot weather, however it will some surplus Parmesan cheese gratings left inside the door itself.
Buon Appetito everyone. (y) :giggle:
LES

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Teri Green
May not be on your model of Ducato but the X250 model also has a couple of vents underneath (just behind the passengers seat) that can give access to drafts. Looking up from underneath.
1584899061277.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back