Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Despite having booked our Eurotunnel crossing for June we will not be going to France this year. Fill our space well, Eurotunnel!

The bottom line is that SWMBO will not let me drive on the continent whilst I am waiting surgery for a "Triple A". Despite the fact that the consultant has said categorically there is no medical reason we should not go, I have decided to gracefully acknowledge defeat and remain in this country.

Which opens up all of the UK. Scotland in June sounds appealing - long evenings, just have to put up with the "beasties".

Or the narrow lanes of Cornwall. That sounds nice. Quiet coves.

Only wish I could pass on our Eurotunnel tickets but the deal was that they are not transferable and only rebookable until November. I would almost certainly have to pay more and I would have to choose a new date before the booked crossing.

Steve

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I'm really sorry to hear that, I think they will rebook for anytime within the next 12 months providing it is done before current travel date and any changes in price paid. They are usually very accomodating.

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Thats a real shame Steve. last year I had further cardiac stenting and went on our holiday 2 weeks later to British Columbia salmon fishing in a remote lodge.

Shirl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'm sorry too Steve, I came out of Hospital today after a bit of exploratory and I'm booked to go next Friday 31st. I know the results will be through while I'm away but hang it, life ain't no rehearsal.

Drag her out by her hair and enjoy yourself........Enjoy whatever you decide......Griff
:thumb:

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I'm really sorry to hear that, I think they will rebook for anytime within the next 12 months providing it is done before current travel date and any changes in price paid. They are usually very accomodating.

This is from their email:
[FONT=&quot]Your Eurotunnel booking is valid for a year from the date of purchase so it is possible to amend the ticket to travel before 17/11/2012.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please note that your booking will automatically expire 24 hours after your booked departure time if you do not travel so you will need to amend it before this time.[/FONT]

So I cannot see us going this year. Still, had got a good price last November and in the great scheme of things not that important.

Steve

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What a bummer Steve, sorry about your trip. Yes you'll miss France but there is a lot to explore in the UK. Don't forget Wales, always plenty of pitches available and some of the best scenery in the UK:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Right. Decided. Scotland it is. Couple of nights in Northumberland then up to the Highlands and beyond.

Can anyone use a 2012 ACSI Camping Card? Has not been signed or any details put on. All that I ask is you PM me with your address. I will post the card to you. Please don't ask for it if you may not use it. Valid off peak only, which does vary site to site but mainly July and August is regarded as peak. I can send the two guides that come with it but if you do want them I would ask you to cover the postage on them and they are fairly hefty. That said you can download all the sites on the ACSI website and upload them to your satnav, we found the last two years there was no real need for them.

As soon as someone has PM'd me I will post another message so that you know it has gone.

Steve

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp