LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
On way back from a walk this morning old dog decided she needed to cool off, as she does, only trouble was she got well and truly stuck and I couldn't reach her with out getting stuck myself. Had to link the two leads together, hitch one end over a dodgy looking fence post and carefully slide down the bankrolling on to the leads, built a crisscross of sticks in front of her to stop me sinking so much, grabbed her collar and it took all of my strength to pull her out.
All the time this was going on she was yelping, the little dog was going frantic to get to her, only to then get stuck herself! Little one got out by herself fairly quickly and decided to stay at the top of the bank and leave me to rescue her friend. We were all plastered in mud by the end of it. :Doh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 135

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
My word exactly. I do sometimes wonder how far I would go to rescue Ellie. I love her dearly but she is a dog with probably another 6 years left, if we are lucky. I would, within reason, risk my life. Is that an oxymoron? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
My word exactly. [HI]I do sometimes wonder how far I would go to rescue Ellie[/HI]. I love her dearly but she is a dog with probably another 6 years left, if we are lucky. I would, within reason, risk my life. [HI]Is that an oxymoron?[/HI] ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Let's hope you never have to put it to the test............:thumb:

Oxymoron?......Dunno:winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a horrible experience for you both, well done for thinking it through, and not rushing in. Hope you are feeling better must have left you pretty shook up.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I'm sure you know but the oxymoron bit is 'risk my life' and 'within reason'. Opposites perhaps? or contradiction? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
The scary thing was that we were in a field with cows and I was worried the racket the dog was making would bring them over. I guess that's why it was so churned up there, because of the cows.
I took the photos before I realised that she really was stuck, thought it was going to be a funny situation when the doggy bog monster emerged from the depths! She doesn't have full strength in her back legs now, poor old girl is 14 this year.

Last edited:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Say no more. I'd have been out flat letting her climb over my spine.......... or would I? Of course I would. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
a close call glad you managed to get the poor dog out I hope you spoiled them both when you got home::bigsmile:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Glad that your all alright now, who said Market Harborough is a safe place to live. Know what you mean about the cows, now that would have been scary.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Glad that your all alright now, who said Market Harborough is a safe place to live. Know what you mean about the cows, now that would have been scary.

We are all fine thanks. You might know the path, it goes from the corner of the rugby fields on Northampton Rd up the hill and eventually comes out near the top of East Farndon, the stream they went in is by the second stile.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I know you would see the funny side when you were rolling around in that mud though and so would Sheila, in fact she would probably help me push you down the bank!! :ROFLMAO:
That's just given me a money making idea - Mud Wrestling! Folks would pay good money to see that.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
What a frightening experience and what a muddy mess to clear up afterwards.

At least there were no serious injuries or expensive trips to the vet.

Sending you my best wishes xxxxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back