Draining water system for winter (1 Viewer)

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
I just came across this piece of advice. Seems like a good idea: -
“After draining the boiler, grey & fresh water tanks I open all the taps fully including the shower. I then blow up a large balloon and fit it on each tap - hot and cold. This blows any remaining water out of the pipes.”

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
I employed a different "low-tech" solution to do this.

I cut a narrow cycle inner tube in half and then sealed one end by folding it over and fixing it with a food-bag clip. To the other end of the tube I attached one of the hozelock tap adapters that push on and are secured to the tap by a jubilee type clip, I always carry one in the MH in case the tap I am filling from does not have a thread.

I then attached the tap adapter to the tap and used a floor-standing bike pump to pressurise it through the inner tube valve. Opening the taps in turn, and operating the toilet flush with the pump off, caused water to be ejected even though the system had already been drained and left to stand for a while.

It seems to work OK for a virtually cost free solution, I already had a used inner tube that was spare.
I drained mine down today and tried this although I just pulled the tube over the tap - worked a treat and cleared a fair bit of water out of the pipes (y)

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
After draining the system I also cleaned and dried the inline filter - it was looking rather dirty for just 1 years use.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back