Draining from kitchen sink on hymer 830 s (1 Viewer)

MrsBB

Free Member
Jun 14, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
10 years after many years tugging
Well we have used all sorts in case pipes blocked. Mr muscle takes 'metal' surface off plug hole so be warned! Traps clear . Used soda , hot water , bleach , you name it we've tried it and still water takes ages to drain away. Beginning to think it may just be how it is on kitchen sink. Bathroom sink empties fine. Anyone any experience of this. Thanks .

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Might be a kink in the pipe, you need to try and trace it back as far as possible. And ensure the waste tank isn't full of course!

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We had a similar problem(s820), I took it apart and found that the hot water had deformed the trap a new one improved things but it was never that rapid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Hello, not an 820 but had similar problem on my 584.
The problem turned out to be the German theory that water will run uphill.
I had to reroute the piping under the shower floor.
Now much better but the 25 mm bore of the pipe & the 10 90 degree bends / joints before it outlets to the tank don't help.
Replacement with smooth bore flexible pipe should improve more when I get round to it.
Barrie

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As Barrie said above....convoluted pipe, bends and small bore all slow the flow.
As there is very little head (pressure) to push the water through and the convolutions, along with collecting bits of food/fat waste, make the water flow turbulant which slows it even more.
If at all possible change as much of the pipework as you can to smooth bore pipe with as few 90° bends as is possible will speed up the flow.
not really practical, but avoiding high points and troughs in the pipe run will also help.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Or it may be the water trap under the sink, we took ours out at the flow rate through it was just ridiculus.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back