Downsized from motorhome to campervan. (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@veevee
The picture is taken on the Canal de Centre. We were overnighting on an Aire prior to visiting a Brocante in the neighbouring village of Ecuisse.

We are also close to the Canal de Bourgogne so we are spoiled for choice for nice waterside walks and restaurants.

We enjoy watching the various boats on the canals although I have no direct wish to own one.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Along with the Canal do Nivernais the triangle of those 3 canals make for the most beautiful area of Burgundy, lucky you.

We have friends that chartered their Dutch barge for about 10 years on the Burgundy and we would sometimes call in on them between charters. It's a pretty magical area that most people just drive through without realising just how beautiful it is. Owning one of these barges is easier than it looks providing you are moderately fit, and it does provide a way of life unlike any other.

The barge in your avatar looks like one another of our friends owned, just wondered if you had bought it.

Thanks

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@veevee
No. We”ll stick to the m/h.

You are correct about Southern Burgundy though. We love it there. It reminds us of what the Cotswolds were like in the 1960s, peaceful,little traffic off the major through roads and beautiful.

Don’t tell everyone though or they will come and spoil it. :xwink:

Let them keep heading through on their way south.:xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We keep of upsizing from our PVC but it worries me thinking of trying to find a van is as mint condition and ultra low miles... It took us an age to find this one !

I honesty as well we haven’t really used our van due to house moving and renovation plus my wife’s poor health. Maybe next year ..... Mmmmmm

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
The Accent has the same raised floor at the rear, same as the Rhythm. It’s awkward for me and I’m only 5’11”. Also, there is a step up at the front between the driver and passenger seats, also a bit awkward.

What you mean,, only 5,11ins

You could play for the Harlem globetrotters at that height!!! Xx

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Has She been hitting you on the head frequently?
I think it's gravity ... the weight of the expanding beer belly is dragging him down! :xgrin:

OP
OP
mikeandmary
Oct 27, 2017
Burntwood, Staffs.
Funster No
MH
2013 Autocruise Accent
Exp
Since 2013
@nicholsong
I have just been measured, by an employee of the NHS, and can confirm that I am actually 5'10" and a bit, exactly.
I have had a few bumps on the head, by walking into the bulkhead between the front seats which probably
accounts for the confusion over my height.

I have to go now because MinxyGirl thinks my lack of height is due to drinking far too many beers.

OP
OP
mikeandmary
Oct 27, 2017
Burntwood, Staffs.
Funster No
MH
2013 Autocruise Accent
Exp
Since 2013
@veevee
I'm not really experienced on the PVC front but, I can't help but admire the IH 630 range. There are lots of options and one is to leave the bed up or not, and a front dinette is a must have, as far as I am concerned. This would be on the Fiat chassis, I think they have stopped using Mercedes but not certain, and it would have to be automatic transmission. Would prefer the Mercedes in this case. It's the build quality that really does it for me, top quality, but at a price. If price was no option, that's the way I would go. I can but dream. Sorry I have not answered your question precisely, and being unable to choose a specific model, off the shelf but, I think you know which way I would go next time round.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back