Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I’ve received a video via whats app that I would like to put up on fun.
Ive managed to get as far as being told it’s too big to upload after copying it to google photos.
Any ideas of my next move, other than a meltdown?

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I had the same problem, I posted the video on FB then linked the post to it

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you put in on a video hosting platform like Vimeo you can then just copy the link to your post on Fun.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Tried Facebook, couldn’t understand it.
When down Johns route of you tube, god alone where it has ended up, nowhere I can find?
I shall be employing a grandchild before long!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I only just got the hang of the YouTube avenue this week. Earlier today, I uploaded a WhatsApp video for the Belly Locker Coronavirus bad taste thread which contained some nudity. Within about 10 minutes, I had an email from Google to say that I'd been a very naughty boy and if I posted stuff like that again, I would be getting barred. It felt just like being back at school ! :oops:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I only just got the hang of the YouTube avenue this week. Earlier today, I uploaded a WhatsApp video for the Belly Locker Coronavirus bad taste thread which contained some nudity. Within about 10 minutes, I had an email from Google to say that I'd been a very naughty boy and if I posted stuff like that again, I would be getting barred. It felt just like being back at school ! :oops:
And it's a computer which told you off! YouTube uses AI to analyse uploaded videos and it is very quick to highlight and take down anything it doesn't like. :)

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
Or if you have DropBox or Google Drive (free cloud storage, that everyone should get) you could upload it there and post a link from there to here....

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You used to be able to upload short videos direct to here but last I heard Jim was having a problem with it after he switched platforms. I don't know if its been remedied yet as Ive just got into the habit of uploading to youtube and linking from there.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Excuse me for being thick, but if you upload it to Youtube does it mean it's viewable by anyone?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There are privacy options.
How would that work though if you wanted to link it to here for example, would funsters be able to view it?

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
How would that work though if you wanted to link it to here for example, would funsters be able to view it?
depositphotos_166348994-stock-video-closeup-of-a-man-in.jpg

Once it's on here, it's in the public domain.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
depositphotos_166348994-stock-video-closeup-of-a-man-in.jpg

Once it's on here, it's in the public domain.
Does that mean ONLY if you access it via Fun, or you could view it independently on Youtube?

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Easy there! Don't meltdown over a video. First, check fun's upload size limit and compress the video if needed. Tools like Handbrake or online compressors can shrink it efficiently. If it's still too big, consider cloud storage like Dropbox or Google Drive. Upload the video there, grab the shareable link, and post that on fun instead of the actual file. Boom, problem solved! No meltdown required.
Sorry sir or madam but here is a typical reply that may have well been written in Chineese for all us thickos to understand.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Sorry sir or madam but here is a typical reply that may have well been written in Chineese for all us thickos to understand.

First, check fun's upload size limit and compress the video if needed.

Compress just means make it smaller so motorhomefun will allow it to be posted.

Tools like Handbrake or online compressors can shrink it efficiently.

Ways to make it smaller using stuff on the internet

If it's still too big, consider cloud storage like Dropbox or Google Drive.

Dropbox and Google drive are websites where you can save your
stuff.

Upload the video there, grab the shareable link, and post that on fun instead of the actual file. Boom, problem solved! No meltdown required.

Save your video to Google drive and from there you can link it to here.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Used to have dropbox and all was fine, then being tech it went awol, since i've had nowt but trouble and not knowing tech it's a case of hit and miss.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back