Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
DON`T do it!. I refused about 15 potential house moves, until I found the one that would take my 32ft R-V on the drive!. Then lived in it for a year whilst we made the Bungalow to our liking!.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have both :D(y)
But they're not a fixed single beds AND a separate seating area which is what we're on about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
Annotation 2019-09-10 011824.png

6.5 meters. Insulation like no PVC will ever get, including a heated double floor. 3 rings :)

Other contenders, more affordable, all with 3 rings and all much better than any PVC:
  • Hymer Exsis-T 474: 6.6 meters
  • Dethleffs Globebus T1: 6 meters
  • Carado T132: 6 meters
  • Carado T135: 6 meters
  • Bürstner Travel Van 620G: 6.6 meters
And countless others.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does anybody use more than 2 rings at once, we certainly never have and have 3.
My husband could do with half a dozen sometimes! :oops: It takes me long enough to clean 2 after he's been cooking on our little 2-ring hob, the though of a massive one fills me with dread.:rolleyes:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Eating Out?. (y) :D
... you've not seen the places we park up for the night though ... I like walking for miles in the dark even less. :D

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Terry, there are plenty of houses in Cornwall that will accommodate your Motorhome and you go and pick one that won’t....:doh:

You’ve not had it long either, have you thought of storage..? Plenty around where your going....

Anyway when we’re back from France next month and when your settled we’ll have to meet up for lunch or a pastie....?

Hope all goes well with the move...??

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Terry, there are plenty of houses in Cornwall that will accommodate your Motorhome and you go and pick one that won’t....:doh:

You’ve not had it long either, have you thought of storage..? Plenty around where your going....

Anyway when we’re back from France next month and when your settled we’ll have to meet up for lunch or a pastie....?

Hope all goes well with the move...??

Hi Just smiffy ,
Yes moved in but a lot of work still to be done before we can get anywhere near straight , hopefully next year we will get the front garden dug out ( about a metre deep ) then concrete an area to squeeze our current moho on .
Hope you are having a great time in France , you are making my jellyarse !!
Have a natter when you get back.
Terry

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Bleddy good in'it, I popped out for a loaf back in April and I get home this morning and me ole'mate Fidget has gone and Fidgetted again.
Closer to the Grandsprogs Terry? I have to say that little Bürstner Travel Van 620G: 6.6 meters impressed the hell out of me.
My SIL downsized to a PVC, realised they'd made a mistake and have just upgraded to the Burstner, very pleased with it.
So anyway will there be room for my tiddler when I come down to visit?

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Hi, we chose a Warwick xl after much looking at others ,the Wildax was also on the cards but after speaking to Mr.Wild and his team the Autosleeper came with a better PX from another dealer. I think we were just unlucky with this vehicle as it has had a list of faults and is now entering its third month with the dealer so if you are buying a new van Terry ,go over it with a fine tooth comb before parting with any money .
Sorry to hear you have problems with the van but 3 months at dealers what are they doing rebuilding it , That's totally unacceptable

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
View attachment 339033
this is from 1st incarnation of my Bongo. Not enough room for the black pudding.
alternative breakfast?
sugar puffs!
Tsk - just need the right pan, and a single burner is more than sufficient :doh:...

71133_1

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Sorry to hear you have problems with the van but 3 months at dealers what are they doing rebuilding it , That's totally unacceptable
I totally agree with you but when you are stuck between van maker and van converter with dealer trying to sort a multitude of silly faults and both of them arguing whose fault it is ,the biggest problem was in fact the dealers after sales guy was a blatant liar and was sacked after they found him out ,he had not taken any action in the preceding six months despite my multitude of emails and inspection report by a Peugeot dealer which verified my complaints.Sometimes things which seem to be straightforward are the opposite. However I have now got my van back now with all but one fault remedied as Peugeot said the fault was due to van having had its chassis twisted despite my written report by their local dealer. their closing shot was the bodywork fault was within their normal parameters .

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Loving our Globecar Campscout 6.36m. Only 2 rings though. I’d go try lie down in a few, sit on the loo, pretend to cook, get in fridge, cupboards etc. Subtle differences are important. Some models have a single cover for sink and hob ... I use the hob cover as a drainer so couldn’t live with that. Fixed beds and a huge garage does it for us plus the central bathroom is fab, especially with teenage son as it can separate front from back providing privacy.

The ONLY thing I’d change is a drop down bed at the front to make it easier for the 3rd bed but don’t think you can get it on a PVC.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We have both :D(y)
Yes, but only 2 passengers, slightly shorter beds and no mega-king option and less storage ... I think you have to go and see lots of vans to see what suits your own needs ... every van has compromises ... there’s only so much you can fit in a tin box ??

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I have not read all the replies and if I have missed this already I am sorry, but why not pay for storage somewhere on the island and continue to enjoy your Motorhome, it could work out cheaper than all that other shermozzle. As you know I live on an island but keep mine on the UK mainland when not actually using it. Sorry if I am out of sync with everything.

Clive

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
We just downsized from an Elddis Autoquest 196, 6 berth to an Autotrail Imala 615 2 berth, did look at a few PVC's but all felt too cramped and we both like space !! the Imala ticks all our boxes, it has solar, 2 batteries,awning, gaslow,bike rack and a towbar already fitted !
All we had too/wanted was a tow bar c/w full bar across the back for rear end protection !
Elddis 2.2 gave better mpg than the Fiat 2.3 but I will have it remapped and see if that improves the mpg. been away a few time since we picked it up last month and are both very happy with it.
But, as the saying goes, each to their own !!

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Can you give us before and after figures after remapping and mpg I might find the figures useful?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you don't mind importing have a look at Font Vendome they have some interesting desgins.

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Thanks for all replies & help . but have decided to keep our present motorhome & next year dig out a drive to put it on , as we think we have just enough room . currently moho stored at my son's but not ideal , but ok for the time being.
Thanks again

Sep 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68
We currently have a Rapido V68 and are having two issues with it. The fixed bed does not work for us as it is a waste of space, would like a front lounge. The other is parking in standard car parking slot and overhang.

I have looked at IH, Consort, Murvi and Vantage but none fit the mark (plus by the time you put on necessary extra‘s) you are into 80k plus. I am after 6m front lounge ideally VW crafter based, any suggestion?

BOOMEL

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We currently have a Rapido V68 and are having two issues with it. The fixed bed does not work for us as it is a waste of space, would like a front lounge. The other is parking in standard car parking slot and overhang.

I have looked at IH, Consort, Murvi and Vantage but none fit the mark (plus by the time you put on necessary extra‘s) you are into 80k plus. I am after 6m front lounge ideally VW crafter based, any suggestion?

BOOMEL
I’m surprised Murvi hasn’t hit the mark, best most open front lounge PVC I seen

We had a Morello lovely van, only problem is if there’s 2 of you and you don’t get up at the same time there’s no room.

Great lounging during the day though.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

BOOMEL
Try a HymerCar Ayres Rock 5.4 Mtr no longer than a long wheelbase VW transporter centre of bed can be raised or lowered and park in a standard parking bay…..Happy Days

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
A depressing thread! It's a 4 year-old post, and 3 of the contributors are Deceased. :(
I hope FIDGET got his new van!

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
A depressing thread! It's a 4 year-old post, and 3 of the contributors are Deceased. :(
I hope FIDGET got his new van!
Our condolences to those deceased.

Not sure why it’s depressing as those who were with us were fully engaged with MHF and it’s lifestyle which has to be a good thing, living life outdoors and keep doing what you can until you can’t do it anymore has to be a brilliant way of living.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back