Dover Parking (1 Viewer)

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
I know this comes up fairly regularly but hopefully this bit of info may be useful. I overnighted at Waterloo Crescent on Thursday prior to a Friday morning ferry. Out of interest I checked the Dover Council website and there is a clear statement that "Motorhomes are permitted in all our car parks provided they do not occupy more than one parking space. Those that do need more than one space should use Maison Dieu car park and buy two tickets." The spaces at Waterloo Crescent are a reasonable size. My Stargazer is 6.1 metres and fitted OK. Access is now by Wellesly Road as the swing bridge is closed and about to be removed.

https://www.dover.gov.uk/Transport,...g/General-Information/Motor-Home-Parking.aspx

Last edited:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
They still have not come up withe MOTORHOME parking in Wellesly Road that was promised last year, hopefully coming for the holiday season coming
What is the definition of one parking space,, My ML-I has a short wheelbase sprinter chassis but a long body. Wheels fit in the space easily but the two huge overhangs take nearly the length of another one.
I very much doubt that I would get away with that one. BUT?

OP
OP
Chas17
Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Depends if you're prepared to take a chance I suppose. After about 1900 I was virtually the only vehicle on Waterloo Crescent although the there were a few motor homes on Marine Parade by the flats. No signs of anyone in authority at all. The on street signs show cars and motorcycles permitted with caravans specifically excluded. Presumably the parking attendants know that mohos are permitted in all parkings

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
When I spoke to a ticket checker about how many tickets I needed for my camping car and trailer (some time ago now) I was told I only needed the one and it didn't matter how long the vehicle was. However, that was in the area designated for camping cars on The Esplanade, outside the Dover Docks and Harbour Board offices, well up towards the Western Docks. I don't think camping car parking is permitted on Waterloo Crescent during the daytime.

J

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
?The western end is free after 6.00pm but the trouble occurs at the bit in front of the NimbyTowers (Gateway Flats) they are the ones that got the restrictions on the whole length in front of the flats to be NO MOTORHOMES or CARAVANS. Cars are OK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back