Dover parking overnight.The facts. (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I have just been sent an email from Dover council ref parking overnight on the esplanade.
It Reads as follows;
At its meeting on 11th Sept 2014, the joint transportation board took the decision to " commence" the process of introducing an overnight parking ban, from 6 pm to 6 am Monday to Sunday, on motor caravans parking on, marine parade, and Waterloo crescent, and the beach at Walmer.
This process will take time and involve public consultation.
At the same time, parking services have directed to look into finding "alternative parking provisions" for motor caravans.
At the moment there are NO restrictions that were not already in place, so we can still park prior to catching our ferries.
The relevant report can be viewed at, http://moderngov.dover.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?
Hope this helps
Phil

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Bearing in mind it's a ferry port and some folk travel a long way, I really hope they provide overnight parking for motor homes.
Canterbury have successful motor home over nighting at their park and ride, which includes the bus fare into town.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
.Where do the trucks go,especially those from the far North?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
About time there was a ban on the monstrosities and hope the council provide some alternatives that are suitable.

So glad o don't have to live in one of those gorgeous Georgian buildings over looking the sea front and stare at a load of gypsy wagons every time I look out my window.

And the first bit as you turn in is a well known gay prostitutes hang out for taking clients.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back