Nov 4, 2011
Inverness
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2006
Hello everybody

I am new to Motorhome Fun. My wife and myself started motorhoming in 2006 after caravaning for 40 years and we just love it.
We are both retired so time is our own, since we started with the motorhome which by the way is named Heatherbell we have done a tour round the coast of Britian and also round the coast of Ireland plus many more tours.
Our first van was a swift Sundance which we changed this year for a Swift Escape 686.

:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
hi and welcome twice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi thomas douglas wilso and welcome to the fun........Please log in regularly as we will have lots of questions for you.

Could I start it off by asking if in your experience you believe there are gangs of thugs going round gassing motor homers in an attempt to rob them? .......GRIFF

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi thomas douglas wilso and welcome to the fun........Please log in regularly as we will have lots of questions for you.

Could I start it off by asking if in your experience you believe there are gangs of thugs going round gassing motor homers in an attempt to rob them? .......GRIFF
NO...NO...NO...NO...

Don't bite Thomas......he's winding you up :ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun (some times a bit mad) but always very helpful and informative, please join in and questions you have or advice you can give just join in.:welcomefunster:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hello and welcome to the fun.:flyingwelcome:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Dougie and Mrs W.

Our intention is to one day travel round the coast of Britain inc Ireland, so may be asking you questions at some point. Enjoy the "fun"...

regards
Andrea & Jeff

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Dougie and welcome. My husband is from the Black Isle and another funster is from Dingwall and we have others here from Cornwall so we are all widespread. Hope to see you around some time but do join us all on a meet sometime. You'll have lots of fun. ::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Dougie and welcome. My husband is from the Black Isle and another funster is from Dingwall and we have others here from Cornwall so we are all widespread. Hope to see you around some time but do join us all on a meet sometime. You'll have lots of fun. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Hi Dougie and :welcome:

Very interested to hear that you have done a "Round Britain" tour by coast - that's one of my ambitions (along with some others)

I rather assumed that doing such a trip would be something many have done, and documented, but attempts to find a book (written from a MH point of view) have so far failed, so I'm keen to know what you learned from the experience and any tips you can give - starting with "which way round" clockwise or anti? Or does it not make a difference? What about timings - best time of year for different parts of the coastline? How much research did you do before setting off?

Many, many questions..............expect to be thoroughly grilled :winky:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008

Not sure about the gangs Griff but spud had a go at gassing me last night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back