Double swivel seat (1 Viewer)

jaymrobertson

Free Member
Jun 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
aclass
Hi , I’m new here as just purchased a 6 berth motor home based on a 2010 transit . We have 4 belted seats but would like to install a double swivel passenger seat. The problem seems to be that there are 2 leisure batteries below this seat which raises it up and the conversion kits don’t fit.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Jay

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think my daughters T6 camper conversion has one

not that that will help you much with a Transit but maybe a VW forum might shed more light 👍

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
What's a double swivel seat?
Post Apocalyptic Round And Round GIF by Arrow Video

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jaymrobertson

Free Member
Jun 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
aclass
I think my daughters T6 camper conversion has one

not that that will help you much with a Transit but maybe a VW forum might shed more light 👍
Hi, they are common fitments on the floor with no batteries and bolt straight on. I might have to move the batteries I guess

Upvote 0

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Try Kiravans for seat swivels. They do some for double seats for some vehicles. You would need to check if there is sufficient clearance for the seat to actually swivel. As you say you might need to relocate the batteries.

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Hi , I’m new here as just purchased a 6 berth motor home based on a 2010 transit . We have 4 belted seats but would like to install a double swivel passenger seat. The problem seems to be that there are 2 leisure batteries below this seat which raises it up and the conversion kits don’t fit.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Jay
Sorry, but I couldn't help myself with my previous post.

To actually try and help now I understand what you mean though...On a transit base vehicle, are you sure you are going to have enough forward clearance to give the seat space to revolve? Certainly on a single, yes, but with a double you need to account for that extra width that is going to revolve around the central pivot point.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jaymrobertson

Free Member
Jun 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
aclass
Try Kiravans for seat swivels. They do some for double seats for some vehicles. You would need to check if there is sufficient clearance for the seat to actually swivel. As you say you might need to relocate the batteries.
Hi, called them today and they do one to fit on floor but not raised. 👍

To actually try and help now I understand what you mean though...On a transit base vehicle, are you sure you are going to have enough forward clearance to give the seat space to revolve? Certainly on a single, yes, but with a double you need to account for that extra width that is going to revolve around the central pivot point.
they do make on that bolts onto the floor and has a slide mechanism that allows you to turn it. But not on a raised base. 👍

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Try Customshopdesigns.com. Theyare based in Accrington and have designed their own Double swivel kits. The video of the Citroen Relay shows my own van.
Look under products for correct kit.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
We looked at a double swivel seat on a renault trafic base , it looked a bit of a pain to be honest, really really faffy.
Thought about a single captains chair as a pax seat?

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC

Check out mine on Customshop designs, they don’t swivel from one central point it moves sideways whilst turning so the seat clears both the door and dashboard.

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2019
Fareham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Any old mitsubishi delica L400 8 seater had a double swivel seat in the middle row. With a fold up seat bolted on. You could find one in a scrapyard and see if it could be modified to fit as required.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The batteries and associated wiring would definitely need relocating to fit the double seat and swivel. The bolt holes are already in the floor as standard

If you were near Bournemouth, there was a transit double seat swivel for sale locally on facebook within the last week or so

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back