double gas connector on my campervan (1 Viewer)

g4jnw

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Anthorn, Wigton, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
am an owner of an old Campervan which was proffesionally converted, in the gas locker there is a red propane connector with a gas tap and there is a tee off this with some orange tubing which also has a tap on, there is no connector on this, could this be for putting butane in?

There isn't enough room to take 2 cylinders so am somewhat confused. there is at the moment no gas cylinders in.

never had a choice in my caravan

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If you have no room for a second cylinder maybe it's a take of point for an outside BBQ without seeing how its piped up I'm guessing, can you post a pic:thumb:
Im saying out side because you dont want to be running anything inside the van like a heater or BBQ as you will poison yourself

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

g4jnw

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Anthorn, Wigton, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
pics

hope this is attached ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• gas1.jpg
    gas1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 47
  • gas2.jpg
    gas2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 40
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Looks like a home made 'Extenda stay' ie connection for an additional cylinder.

OP
OP
G

g4jnw

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Anthorn, Wigton, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Looks like a home made 'Extenda stay' ie connection for an additional cylinder.

so could i use the other pipe and put a butane connector on? there is no room for 2 bottles but it would give me the choice which one to use, i already have a full 4.5kg bottle i saved from selling my caravan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
so could i use the other pipe and put a butane connector on? there is no room for 2 bottles but it would give me the choice which one to use, i already have a full 4.5kg bottle i saved from selling my caravan
if you did you would need a tap in BOTH hoses so when one cylinder is connected you need to isolate the other regulator and visa versa.

i too reckon its a take off point for a gas BBQ and certainly doesn't look a very professional job to me.

even i would use double/single lug crimp rings instead of jubilee/hose clips

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

g4jnw

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Anthorn, Wigton, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
if you did you would need a tap in BOTH hoses so when one cylinder is connected you need to isolate the other regulator and visa versa.

i too reckon its a take off point for a gas BBQ and certainly doesn't look a very professional job to me.

even i would use double/single lug crimp rings instead of jubilee/hose clips

There is already a tap on both of the tubes, i would connect the orange tube to the new regulator for the butane and will ask for lug crimp rings - can i get them from the same shop as I get the regulator from? or would you suggest just doing away with the Tee section and just making a single tube with a butane regulator on?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back