Free Member
May 20, 2013
mansfield
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
im a newbie
Hi all, does any one know if it is legal or illegal to swap my front single passenger seat to a double, there is only enough bolt holes for the single seat so I would have to bolt and weld the new double seat in, any advise would be appreciated. regards p

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
There is nothing illegal in what you propose. and has been done many times before

Is your chassis cab available as an option with twin front seats,(Sometimes just as a builders wagon) if so the holes will be there (maybe hidden) for the correct seat, If possible the correct seat and belt set up should be obtained and used.

If you are inventing a twin front seat option, then spreader plates will be reqd under the floor areas at the new fixing points,
Maybe your insurer should be your first point of contact, they may not like your idea.

Depending what, if any, seat numbers have been entered in the past at MoT time
the adition of another or what may look like a correction on the MoT data base, might be seen as an imput error and may produce a paper enquiry from DVLA asking for the correct number of seats, this is nothing to worry about its purly an admin exersise checking on testers imput
Geo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
I thought the double seat bolted to the same bolt holes as the single seat. look at the base on this seat Link Removed

Mike

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back