Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Northants
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 680 fb
Exp
Since 2013
hi all , looking to buy a new sat nav for motorhome and was thinking double din units , previous unit vas vw t5 camper and had VW double din , excellent but very expensive , now 2011 swift bolero and not sure what to buy or what fits ,
Any advice would be appreciated
Robert

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
@Roberto21 I have a double din unit I took out of my 2013 Autotrail. Changed it for Pioneer. Cant remember details at the moment & not at home. Will pm you later if you might be interested? Chris.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a Clarion NX502e, just taken it out of my van ready for the new one. I think that model has now been superseded. I saved around £120 off UK prices by buying online from ARS24 in Germany.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I recently acquired a Pioneer AVIC-F88DAB and hope to get it fitted later this week. I got the cheapest retail price I could find online and then got Halfords to price match it.

Link Removed

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
I have Pioneer Double Din unit with separate Sat Nav unit where you can input your own POI's. Once you get the hang of it, it's a great system, one of the best I've had. We use it for sites, en route fuel and shopping. Once the route is planned you can add 'along the route' points of interest such as site, supermarkets, restaurants etc.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I have kenwood dnx 450 tr. inbuilt garmin gps Bluetooth all the other bells and whistles DVD player etc inc reversing camera.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I recently acquired a Pioneer AVIC-F88DAB and hope to get it fitted later this week. I got the cheapest retail price I could find online and then got Halfords to price match it.

Link Removed

Fitted today, reverse camera plugged in, iphones are paired, Apple CarPlay palyed with a bit, not used in anger as yet but looks very good on first impression...

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Just be careful if you intend to hook it up with a rear view camera. As far as I know all Pioneers have a warning message across the screen saying that the image may be reversed that cannot be switched off. This caused me a couple of brown trouser moments in France last year when white cars suddenly appeared at the most inopportune moments that I hadn't seen hiding behind the writing.....

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Just be careful if you intend to hook it up with a rear view camera. As far as I know all Pioneers have a warning message across the screen saying that the image may be reversed that cannot be switched off. This caused me a couple of brown trouser moments in France last year when white cars suddenly appeared at the most inopportune moments that I hadn't seen hiding behind the writing.....
I have seen such a message, but only for a few seconds after first switching to the camera input view, after which said message disappears...
This was when sat stationary on the drive, hopefully it won't have any cause to change when in transit

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I have seen such a message, but only for a few seconds after first switching to the camera input view, after which said message disappears...
This was when sat stationary on the drive, hopefully it won't have any cause to change when in transit
I need to retract this claim, as it maybe unfounded. When the AV guy was walking me through the various functions, I thought the warning message was only temporarily displayed on the reversing camera view. Maybe that was in some camera setup options display, as having just been playing again, I'm not at all sure said message does disappear...

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
It certainly didn't disappear on mine, but I had assumed that the more expensive Pioneers might have a clear screen. I have since been informed, and a check on the internet seems to have confirmed this that Pioneer are more concerned that they may be sued for displaying a reverse image that leads to an accident than they are about customer satisfaction, hence why I have spent a fortune changing mine for a Blaupunkt.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Strange really, given you can control the reverse image via an option. I'll have another look to verify at some point.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back