Double DIN Head Unit with Sat Nav etc (1 Viewer)

DHD

Free Member
Jul 31, 2017
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Been looking at the Chinese head units on ebay, which seem to be very good value:

Looking for a unit with inbuilt satnav, camera input, hands-free via Bluetooth and memory card slot. Not fussed on having CD/DVD player. Does anyone have any experience of these or alternative recommendations?

Attachments

• Head unit.jpg
    Head unit.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 25

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Before I traded my last van I took my Clarion unit out and replaced if with a cheap eBay one £100 but no satnav. Performed better than expected but wasn't as versitle as the Clarion, sound quality was fairly good. it is a risk when you buy cheap ones you may get a good one or if may be naff as quality control is not as good as with branded ones.
Personally for my own use I'd rather not take the risk, better to spend 599 or 600 quid and buy something you know will work.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I bought a similar unit for a van about six years ago. Worked great tbh, took it out when the van went and gave it to a relative. It's still going strong in his car.

From memory, the only thing useless on it was it had no mic jack - making the Bluetooth useless in a van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
im just in the process of fitting one its not finished yest as im having to build a home for it as our dash was single din and there was not conversion kit
ive had it running and sound seemed as good as the last one just need to sort out the gps arial now anyone know does gps neeed to be in the window or can it live under the dash?

OP
OP
D

DHD

Free Member
Jul 31, 2017
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Thanks for the replies.
Mitzimad - the gps antenna will be fine under the dash. I have one on another vehicle that has a magnetic disc and it's fitted to the back of the head unit. Never loses gps signal.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Don't think it says what GPS maps it uses and if these \ how these could \ would be updated. Might be worth investigation prior to purchase.
@Diabalo has fitted an XTRONS unit to his Auto-Trail(?) including DVB-T facility and he gives good feedback on it. They also do other units without the TV functionality so may be worth a look at them?
http://xtrons.co.uk/

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I had one of the xtrons units in my vw passat... Have to say I was very pleased with it, dvd, CD, USB, sd, Bluetooth, satnav, remote control, camera input, could change the make of vehicle and the led colours etc all for £120 compared to the vw one with half the features at £600

Im hoping to fit a similar one in my van

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Been looking at the Chinese head units on ebay, which seem to be very good value:

Looking for a unit with inbuilt satnav, camera input, hands-free via Bluetooth and memory card slot. Not fussed on having CD/DVD player. Does anyone have any experience of these or alternative recommendations?
If your not fussed for the cd/dvd they have the same ones without for £59

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
im just in the process of fitting one its not finished yest as im having to build a home for it as our dash was single din and there was not conversion kit
ive had it running and sound seemed as good as the last one just need to sort out the gps arial now anyone know does gps neeed to be in the window or can it live under the dash?
If you have aX250 as shown in your avita you must have the only one ever built with a single DIN bezel.:D
All X250's have a double DIN slot when fitting a doukbe DIN unit you have to cut out the centre bar.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun