Double Birthday Bash with firework display (1 Viewer)

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the Weekend

Thanks Pam and Ash for a great weekend:thumb: We had a great time and the rain couldnt really dampen the weekend. A BIG thank you to all the cooks on Saturday night really enjoyed the Corned Beef Hash and the Apple Crumble (I have two in the freezer now as we won them on the Raffle) Great Fun and can we help you celebrate next year as well.:winky:
Sonja

PS Nobody sends his regards as well (I must join him up):ROFLMAO:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Well we're home again after another great meet, although the weather tried it's best we had a great time wet and muddy but hey it was fun. :thumb:

It's allways nice to meet new members as well as old ones , well done Pammy and Ash .

The wind and rain blew us all over the motorway coming home but it was well worth it .
Looking forward to the next one now :thumb:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
THANKS PAM & ASH fOR YET ANOTHER GREAT WEEKEND THE WEATHER KEEPS TRYING TO BEAT US BUT IT NEVER DOES, WE FUNSTERS ARE MADE OF STRONGER STUFF, (THOUGH I CONFESS I DID RETIRE EARLIER THAN USUAL ON SAT NIGHT) ASH DID A GREAT JOB GETTING US FUNSTERS A BETTER SITE THAN WAS ORIGINALLY ALLOTED:thumb: THANKS GEO FOR REPLACING OUR WET PIECE OF STRING (KNOWN AS tv ariel) with a proper un:winky:
iIT WAS GOOD TO MEET NEW FACES TOO:thumb:
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW YEAR MEET NOW,SEE YOU THERE::bigsmile:
RUTH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all,

Rita and I would like to thank Pam & Ash for organising this meet, and to all those who contributed in one way or another. It was a great success.

Pamela (Sundowners), your apple crumble is wonderful. And to Ash, although I wasn't looking forward to faggots, I have to say that they were not like any other faggots I have ever tasted.....................no, yours were really very nice. Thanks. :thumb:

To those who did the corned beef hash, sausages, stuffing, etc, etc. Very tasty too.

It was great to meet up again with friends old and new. :thumb:

The weekend was marred somewhat by the theft of two childrens cycles, and a couple's satellite dish and tripod. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Any piccies yet, of a coach desperately trying to look like a static caravan? :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita

Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Hi all safely ensconced back on our CL John -Roadrunner next to us should have had a sail on the way home but all said another great fun weekend many thanks to Pammy and Ash for organising and even more thanks for all the cooks for saturday night. Looking forward to the next one.

Sue & Pete:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sitting on CL in WINDY Swindon with Pete & Sue ~ The Peaps::bigsmile:

Blinding BASH Pammy & Ash (and all in the cooking dept :thumb:) Great dinner did not read I was getting one:Doh::RollEyes: hit the spot beautifully:thumb:

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Thanks to all for a great weekend. It was nice to meet everyone again. Did Patrick have enough room for all his raffle prizes.
Dispite loosing my Sat dish and tripod I enjoyed the weekend.

I went to report the theft of the dish on the wayout, and left Ashley in the passenger seat and Lynn sitting in the back. Dont know why but I left the engine running. While I was in reception a white Transit pulled up at the side of the motorhome. And a "gentleman" with a irish accent was trying to tell Ashley there was somthing wrong with the wheel. Ashley was a bit confused so he turned round and spoke to Lynn, and then they drove off. I think they thought he was in the M/H on his own. My fault for leaving the engine running.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Sorry that marred the weekend Andyman, we were forewarned not to leave a single moveable item anywhere outside the van - apparently it happens all the time at Billing. There were a few odd noises on the first night, when it wasn't tilting it down, which sounded a bit like someone trying lockers......then in the morning we heard the kids bikes had been stolen a few vans down. Thought the pouring rain last night would have meant your tripod would be safer :Sad:

Laurie

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks to all for a great weekend. It was nice to meet everyone again. Did Patrick have enough room for all his raffle prizes.
Dispite loosing my Sat dish and tripod I enjoyed the weekend.

I went to report the theft of the dish on the wayout, and left Ashley in the passenger seat and Lynn sitting in the back. Dont know why but I left the engine running. While I was in reception a white Transit pulled up at the side of the motorhome. And a "gentleman" with a irish accent was trying to tell Ashley there was somthing wrong with the wheel. Ashley was a bit confused so he turned round and spoke to Lynn, and then they drove off. I think they thought he was in the M/H on his own. My fault for leaving the engine running.

Gordon Bennett.....................that was a close call. Bar Stewards, no doubt from that other little campsite along the A45. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Jock.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi all, back from the meet and done me shift at work.
Firstly a big thankyou to another superb meet organised by the ever impressive Pammy, duly assisted on this occasion by Ash, thanks guys you done a great Job:thumb:

Secondly, A big thankyou to Geo, :clap: for taking part in my own last man standing competition on Saturday night. Nikki asked me what we were talking about, I informed her we were talking Bxxox but good Bolxxox.

A big thankyou to dane and Mark (fman) for through my own stupidity managed to cover me in mud whilst helping them out of the mud, Nikki says me coat and jeans:RollEyes: will wash

Nice to meet some new faces as well of course as some old ones, thankyou to those that gave me encouragement in not smoking especially last night when i had had a few, still resisted, 5 weeks tomorrow.:thumb:

So untill next time, take care all.:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, a big thank you to Pammy and Ash for a great weekend, it was nice to meet the Funsters. :thumb: Sorry we could not say bye to everyone, but we had to get going and buy some things for Jane's mum on the way back, then visit her in hospital this afternoon.

Next time we expect to be treated the same as the rest, and have a Lake around our van with ducks on it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And for those who saw us go, on our bread tray road, we can only apologise for making it look so easy. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: we were only showing Kevin (Red Sonja) how to do it.:roflmto: Cant wait till the next time.::bigsmile::wine: Cheers. Bob and Jane.:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks Pammy & Ash for another good meet despite the weather, we've never been to a dry one yet. Nice to see old and new friends again. Off to the states Wednesday see you all New Year :thumb:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi everyone

Sorry for not coming back on sooner but I have been locked out of replying to threads - well that's not strictly true, I couldn't remember my password and it has taken me until this morning to get it reset - well you know we older women have these problems:ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I just wanted to say a huge, huge thank you to everyone that braved the elements and came to the Birthday bash - what a fantastic weekend it was - despite the weather on Saturday night we had a brilliant time. It would take a lot more than a sprinkling of rain to stop us :ROFLMAO: Thanks for all the wonderful cards and gifts - you're all so very kind - it was without doubt one of the best birthdays I had ever had.

We were very successful with our charity raising. We have taken out £25 to cover the £5 deposits that did not get reimbursed back to Ash and the remaining balance of £180.00 will be sent to Great Ormand Street Children's Hospital to go towards the building of their new Heart and Lung Centre. I'm sure you will agree that the money is going to an excellent cause. When I receive the confirmation letter back from Great Ormand Street I will scan it and put it on the forum.

Having said all that, some of you were not present when the raffle prizes were drawn so tonight I will post the raffle numbers up so that the prizes can be claimed (providing you have not thrown away your tickets of course).:Doh:

If there are any prizes that don't get claimed, then I will put them to one side and may be at New Year we'll have another charity draw and they will be added to those prizes.

We have also decided that we'll do it again next year (unfortunately we can't change our birthdays to June). I am considering the Grange Farm site at Messingham in S****horpe which has a huge hard standing rally area. The down side to this is that it does not have hook ups but from the feed back I had yesterday it sounds like you prefer the hard standing to the hook ups anyway. It would house 30 vans easy so I'll sound them out.

Anyway, thanks once again and hopefully we'll meet up again very soon.

Pammy
xx

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi Pammy,

As we were one of the vans unable to make Billing I was going to give Ash the £5 deposit he paid on our behalf.

But as you have already done so from the charity donation I will wing my fiver over to the Great Ormand Street Childrens Hospital.

Sorry we couldn't be there, I KNOW we missed a great do. :thumb:

Bryan

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Pammy,

As we were one of the vans unable to make Billing I was going to give Ash the £5 deposit he paid on our behalf.

But as you have already done so from the charity donation I will wing my fiver over to the Great Ormand Street Childrens Hospital.

Sorry we couldn't be there, I KNOW we missed a great do. :thumb:

Bryan

Thanks Bryan - I wasn't having a go and I hope that isn't how the thread sounded. It was just that we did tell the members on Saturday night that we had raised around £200 and I didn't want anybody wondering where some of their money had gone. :winky:

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
great weekend again,thanks to pam and ash
and a massive thanks to all the guys that got me out of the mud:thumb:

sorry about your clothes and the back of the van in front of us:Doh:

see yall at the newyear meet::bigsmile:
mark & linda

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Unclaimed raffle prizes

Hi, I promised to tell you the winning raffle prize numbers so here they are:

Blue 248 - Bottle of Whisky
Orange 249 - Bottle of wine
Orange 265 - Bottle of wine
Pink 248 - Bottle of wine
Orange 234 - DVD (Two weeks Notice with Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock)
Blue 255 - 260g box of Roses chocolates

When they're claimed I will put the names on them and then hopefully we'll get them to you one way or another i.e, New Year meet????

Flipping eck I can hear you all running to the dustbin already.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pammy

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Now you tell me. Will look on Wednesday if thats OK:winky:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
pics

here are some pic from the weekend:thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• PB082744.jpg
    PB082744.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 24
  • PB082754.jpg
    PB082754.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 22
  • PB082763.jpg
    PB082763.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 23
  • PB092768.jpg
    PB092768.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 28
  • PB092765.jpg
    PB092765.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi, I promised to tell you the winning raffle prize numbers so here they are:

Blue 248 - Bottle of Whisky
Orange 249 - Bottle of wine
Orange 265 - Bottle of wine
Pink 248 - Bottle of wine
Orange 234 - DVD (Two weeks Notice with Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock)
Blue 255 - 260g box of Roses chocolates

When they're claimed I will put the names on them and then hopefully we'll get them to you one way or another i.e, New Year meet????

Flipping eck I can hear you all running to the dustbin already.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pammy

Just laundered mine:Doh::cry::RollEyes:

Found whats left of them in the tumble dryer:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back