LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Please put us down for 4 nights 18-21 instead of just the weekend as now have provisional dates for GCSE exams so hopefully possible.
If EHU is available we would be interested in that too please!

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Sorry

Must Withdraw from list

Fixture Clash (Stratford on Avon & Southport)

Roger & Sheila:Sad::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
fancy this meet as we always go away in june so please put us on the list, this is going to be a long list,peter and alison

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
We would like to come to this rally so can we put our names down provisionally please? We are waiting for hospital appointments and whatever happens after that but I'm getting fed up with this state of limbo.:RollEyes: Thanks

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hello all, I've just been in touch with Norden Farm to firm a few points up regards the Rally.

1) A few have mentioned the Restaurant putting food on at some point. Their intention is to put up a large Marquee on the lawn in front of the restaurant throughout the summer & they have no problem providing food for as many as want it as part of a social day or evening. To that end I will let them know our requirements but my thoughts are curry or chilli & rice or jacket potatoes or you could go down the route of a hog roast, depends on what you want to pay etc. so am open to offers on that one.This is one of those not being able to suit everyone all the time moments so will have to go with the most popular choice on food.

2) I have negotiated the use of a field next to our existing Rally field for our use. This field has 15 x EHU's at £3 per night. There are also 4 x EHU's on the Rally field but I'd like to keep one available for use as hopefully we can have a " social Tent / shelter " if anyone has access to one. So first come first served for Leccy but could I suggest that if the intention is to stay just a couple of days you leave it till arrival then if any are available you would be welcome to use it otherwise I could vanish up my own posterior trying to sort it out & be no use to anyone!

3) Ben at Norden Farm (the Deputy Manager) has been very accommodating & dependent on weather is willing to free other areas of the site up as required although he has said that if the Rally coincides with a lengthy spell of real bad weather it may have to be cancelled ( that would be extreme) but I think they are reeling from the wet weather in Dorset at the moment!
A few have asked regards access for RV's, Ben thinks anything up to about 27ft will be fine, the field with 15 x EHU's has better access & if its dry there is good access into the first field. The alternative for larger units is to use a standard site pitch nearby but that would be at the normal site rate.
At the moment there are 61 Vans pledged to come, I have agreed to limit this to 70 Vans in total, I will post a list of those coming in the next week. But if I've put a thanks to your post you are on it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Hi Jez
Sounds like you are making progress :Smile:
Please put us down for leccy if available :thumb:
Pat

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi Jez
Sounds like you are making progress :Smile:
Please put us down for leccy if available :thumb:
Pat
Hi Pat,
Will do. Its 16th to 26th June, hope all's well & will be in touch soon.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Really looking forward to this meet. I think, if things go according to plan we will be there for the 1st week 16th to 22nd. Leccy if possible please but not the end of the world if we don't get it.

Is anyone else talking a canoe/kayak?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Really looking forward to this meet. I think, if things go according to plan we will be there for the 1st week 16th to 22nd. Leccy if possible please but not the end of the world if we don't get it.

[HI]Is anyone else talking a canoe/kayak[/HI]?

Got rid of both mine so thought I'd borrow yours........... :roflmto:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Sorry mate we have to pull out of this one, it would have been good though to meet up with fellow west country types

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
I'm three score year and ten next year, my licence is revoked.

You youngsters, don't know you're borne.

Absolutely...I reached my allotted span in Oct last.... DVLA said I had to reapply for my licence, wanted medical reports etc., and sent me a letter stating that they appreciated that this was probably a worrying time for me!!!!!!!
Worrying? they must be joking, I`m having the time of my life, even if I am considered to be on borrowed time.
Having reached 70, somehow I was now considered to be a liability on the road, despite having driven over 1,000,000 miles professionally over the last 54 years, accident and prosecution free.
Age is only a number.
PS Tthey gave me my licence back for 3 years, when I have to re apply!!!!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008

I was hoping for better weather :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Dorset

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset">Of course the World Cup is on (sorry girls) so a bit of a party might be in order to drown our sorrows :cry: when England play & bring your bunting :thumb: </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>........... and we need EHU because ?? :Angry: :Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry: Jude

:thumb:What World Cup ?....................... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Wildge

<!-- / message -->

Thanks for keeping us updated Jez. We would like EHU if available and willing to share :thumb:

Last edited:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Ehu would be great if we could have it please. Would also be happy to share. Thanks .

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Hope you have me down for this one! Can't find a list. Would like EHU if possible please ::bigsmile:

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Dorset Rally

Yes, Really fancy this one. Can you put us down if its definately on.
Steve & Anne :thumb:
[Elvis1709]

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Dorset Rally

Jez and Liz,
have sent you a PM message!
Steve

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User

You can hire Canoes at Wareham just up the road at the Quay and have a leisurely paddle up the river Frome towards Poole Harbour, very pleasant!
If anyone is bringing bikes I know some nice routes direct from the site and quiet traffic wise, I'm more than happy to come out with anyone who wants to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Dorset Rally

Yes, Really fancy this one. Can you put us down if its definately on.
Steve & Anne :thumb:
[Elvis1709]

Jez and Lin,
Given that the rally is selling out fast can you add our friend "Teleman" to the Rally List. he will confirm it himself shortly, but please add him to the list.
Thanks
Steve:thumb:

lilac lill

Free Member
Sep 15, 2012
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt - I think!
Exp
Since 01/09/12
Hi, sorry but can you now take me off the list (lilac lill - Debbie) as I will now be in Cornwall.. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back