Dorema Magnum Air All Season Awning 2015 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Dorema is a well known quality brand.. but do you have a caravan .. ?

http://www.dorema.co.uk/de/awnings/magnum_air_all_season.htm

Designed to fit caravans from 235-255 cm in height

Motorhome annexes on this page

http://www.dorema.co.uk/products.asp?subpagina_id=409&taal_id=2
Yep! I know their good quality but this is a new concept from the Manufacturer and no Jim its not going to be used on a Caravan but on my Dethleffs hence the question as I'm trying to find out its pro's and con's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
I once contacted Dorema about an awning for a c/van at their depot in Castleford a few years ago. They had the awning i wanted so i went up to Pioneer Way.Castleford WF10 5QU ? Phone. 01977 555217 and picked it up................. at a very good price.... Worth a punt today?
Tea Bag
PS Edit. It was a very good awning,a sort of stand alone if needed type frame.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I'm trying to find out its pro's and con's

Just my thoughts.. haven't got one.. but am considering a Vango as it's a drive-away

pros..
no poles, less weight , easy to erect,

cons..
price , not stand alone, requires awning rail

Vango drive away models with air poles.
<Broken link removed>

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
My Story....
Well guys, I have spent some considerable time researching this topic and from speaking to many sellers of Kampa,Vanco,Sunncamp, etc etc, you may be surprised to find out that most of the 300D, 420D Ripstop awning used in production of inflatable lightweight awning material is made you guessed it, in China.
I discovered that the majority of the manufacturers of lightweight inflatable awnings were more than vague when asked directly if their guarantee covered the prolonged use of exposure to sunlight, it appears their perfectly adequate for general touring, few days here few days there.......... in our case, sunny Spain for three month camp site:). Dorema and Bradcock (2015) Caravan air awnings are currently the only Manufacturer's that produce's the necessary material
(in Europe) that prolonged exposure to UVA is thwarted...we attended the Newbry show over the weekend and met people from previous encounter's, two of them had purchased air awnings over a eighteen month period, one had to return their awning (kampa) due to windows going brittle, the other was a Vango Varkala where two windows had gone brown and brittle and had split a taped seam..both consumers were asked by the manufacturer's representative's if the awnings had be subjected to use in Spain........pardon!!
This has come from my own research and is not necessary a view held by purchaser's of every lightweight awning but I feel the moral of the story here is don't expect a £700 + lightweight inflatable awning to give years of service where prolonged exposure to daylight is the norm:(:(

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This has come from my own research and is not necessary a view held by purchaser's of every lightweight awning but I feel the moral of the story here is don't expect a £700 + lightweight inflatable awning to give years of service where prolonged exposure to daylight is the norm:(:(

quite so.. good research

but they don't make a drive-away motorhome awning with air poles ?

No matter.. I like this model .. with normal poles

http://www.dorema.co.uk/en/motorhome_annexes/challenger.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
quite so.. good research

but they don't make a drive-away motorhome awning with air poles ?

No matter.. I like this model .. with normal poles

http://www.dorema.co.uk/en/motorhome_annexes/challenger.htm
Hi Jim, Have a look at Oxygen Revolution site in particular the Movelite 2 Air or Kampa's Travel Pod Mini Air, for my money the 'Oxygen' have the edge over Kampa

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
had a Movelite XL before with the RV.. it was ok. used it mostly in winter

but think I'll but quality this time..

Just been out to measure , the Dorema Challenger size 2 would fit nicely .. I do like it

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Are you fitting that to a wind out awning or having a caravan Chanel fitted to the van ? Cheers Colyn

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Are you fitting that to a wind out awning or having a caravan Chanel fitted to the van ? Cheers Colyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back