Dorema Highlander Awning - Plastic Fitting? (1 Viewer)

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi,

Pretty much a newbie and enjoying my a first summer in the Motorhome.

My van is a Fiat Ducato Autoquest 400 1990 model. It has a mechnical awing fitted. The awing was pretty dated and seen better days, although the wind out capony is fine and dandy.

Anyway thought I get one of those Dorema Highlander awings for long stays. As it seem the best general fitting awning for a Motorhome.

The Dorema website says...The attachment of the tunnel to the side of the motorhome is by means of an easy fit plastic fitting that clips onto the rain gutter of the van.

But the manual says nowt about it and it didnt come plastic fitting. So what is this Plastic fittings.

Anyone got one who can point me in the right direction?

Dave

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I would suggest you go back to your supplier and ask them, it could possibly be a J rail but they do not clip into the gutter.

Regards

Peter

Mar 1, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
hi, i think you may be describing a figure of eight attachment, its a plastic strip that slides onto the awning rail, then you slide the awning side into it as well, looks like this from the end )( search on ebay, or google image, hope that helps xjx

Link Removed

As can be seen from following piccy it can clip straight to the gutter

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Figure of 8 and the J rail can be found on our website or give us a ring during the day and order over the phone, mention Motorhome Fun for your 5% discount

Peter

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi,

You were spot on there. Thats exactly what I wanted and have now found where I can get them from.

Thanks

Dave

hi, i think you may be describing a figure of eight attachment, its a plastic strip that slides onto the awning rail, then you slide the awning side into it as well, looks like this from the end )( search on ebay, or google image, hope that helps xjx

Link Removed

Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Link Removed

Link Removed

got to be careful here as there are two sizes as i found out.

the joining tape may have two beads of the same size (8mm) and wont fit in the awning groove.
you need the one with two different size beads..about 8mm for the one in the figure 8 and the other is about 6mm to fit the groove.

the bottom pic is wrong.....it may well clip in to the rail but anything more than a stiff breeze and it'll pull off...i know...i tried it.:Angry:

cant understand why they havent made a modified figure 8.....

one side to have a solid 6mm 'bead' and the other to have an 8mm 'C' tube
instead of two C tubes.
that way you wont need the fabric joining tape:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back