Dordogne Campsite Recommendations ? (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We are looking to head down to the Dordogne probably around Sarlat next summer so looking for any campsite (family friendly) recommendations in the area.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Long ago we stayed in Camping Le Paradis, from memory and really enjoyed it. Site had boats to paddle on the river.

paradis.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We stayed at Moulon Du Roch ( family site with pool shop bar and play area ) pitches were large and shady .expensive but it was all singing and all dancing!! And driving distance to sarlat.
WWW.moulon-du-Roch.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
http://en.soleilplage.fr/ comes highly recommended.
We haven't visited as it's regularly fully booked but apparently it's best in the area (large/lively and full of Brits, good/bad thing ?)

We did stay at http://www.campingleperpetuum.com/ a few km away. It's reasonably priced with spacious pitches and a modestly sized swimming pool. Bathroom facilities were unisex and often busy. Worst electrics I've seen on a site, ever...
Staff were friendly and it was easy to book kayaking trips.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I've stayed on this one. My boys loved it.
Link Removed

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
http://en.soleilplage.fr/ comes highly recommended.
We haven't visited as it's regularly fully booked but apparently it's best in the area (large/lively and full of Brits, good/bad thing ?)

We did stay at http://www.campingleperpetuum.com/ a few km away. It's reasonably priced with spacious pitches and a modestly sized swimming pool. Bathroom facilities were unisex and often busy. Worst electrics I've seen on a site, ever...
Staff were friendly and it was easy to book kayaking trips.

We have been looking at Soleil Plage and we thought Garda was expensive !!!, apparently there is a good site next door also. Perpetuum also came up on the radar.

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Jill

Le Capeyrou is on the shortlist, the location by the castle seemed very good. How did you find the site and surrounding areas ?

We went at the end of July (Our friends have school kids) so it was quite busy on the site but it coped well enough. Site was well kept and clean. We had a telling off for being noisy one evening when we were playing games (we were a bit!).

A short walk to the beach on the river and canoes. A similar walk (1k) to the village. Nearest supermarket about 6 miles away. I would go back.
bridge.jpg
pauldan.jpg

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We went at the end of July (Our friends have school kids) so it was quite busy on the site but it coped well enough. Site was well kept and clean. We had a telling off for being noisy one evening when we were playing games (we were a bit!).

A short walk to the beach on the river and canoes. A similar walk (1k) to the village. Nearest supermarket about 6 miles away. I would go back.
View attachment 133540 View attachment 133541
Thanks Jill,

Looks like your family is quite serious on the cycling so assume it was a good location for that, going to be tough between there at Paradis.

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for all the options, Paradis wasn't on our radar before asking so now the shortlist is Le Cap ey Rou or Les Paradis.

Thanks again.

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Soleil Plage, very nice but a bit expensive.

Great place for a family.

Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Suggest you try this one in Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne! Link Removed never a disappointment and set in a beautiful village location. We will be back there next year.
Hope this is of help
Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back