Dordogne and Islands September (1 Viewer)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We are highly likely (weather forecast dependant) to be going Dordogne for a week or so and then the islands for a week or so and leaving on 3rd September. (20 days total)
So I thought it would be an ideal time to check out the Twin Lakes rally and actually turn up at one (I did attend one 10 years ago at Shepton) but note its not going on this year. I then looked at another rally thread around France in September which appears to be a "Not going ahead"
So i thought i would throw our plans up as there may be a few others going that way according to the traffic on those threads and a lot of people setting off as soon as the school holidays are over (like us)
So our current plan is to go to the Dordogne and then the islands. (Bit of a shock considering the title of the thread) We leave via tunnel about midday and I would expect to be in the Dordogne by the next midday.
Have been before so will incorporate places such as Gluges, Sarlat, Bergerac and Souillac but likely to include Montignac on the vezere and we may or may not stay at naturist campsite (not expecting visitors!) around there somewhere.
Off to Oleran via La Palmyre and probably staying on this island for a couple of days, then Re and maybe going on or maybe going to the Ostrich farm just north of La Rochelle (FP though they dont worry) and motorbike over. Les Sables after that and then Noirmoutier and back home probably having a nights stop somewhere like Montruil sur Mer.
Now all that is totally weather dependant and we might do it the other way round or we might bugger off to Germany if the weather is better (unlikely)
Now if there are enough ppl going that way we could create a thread updating locations daily (if you dont mind company) or misleading information if you dont. That way you dont want (or i wouldnt want) to be committed to a previously made commitment of seeing someone in Gluges on the 13th for example and having the freedom (which we all like) to suddenly come across a village party and staying the night.

Interested/Bad idea/Couldnt care less ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back