Doors not locking on 2011 Ducato (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Help please in layman terms if possible.

The doors on our Fiat based Autotrail won't lock unless I use a key. I'll try and describe each method I've attempted in the hope it is easier to understand.

1. When I tried to lock the MH this evening using the fob nothing locked, but the indicators flashed rapidly 10 times.
2. When I pressed the cab door unlock on the fob all of the locks clicked, including the hab door.
3. When I pressed the hab door unlock all of the locks, cab included, clicked.
4. I then changed the fob battery and had the same results as before.
5. Pressing the lock button on the dash failed to get any response, the same as the fob.
6. Pressing the unlock button on the dash would unlock the hab door. I'm am not sure about the drivers door as I forgot to check and it was pouring down at this point.
7. Using the switch in the drivers door for the hab door locked and unlocked it.
8. With the keys I could lock and unlock the hab door and the drivers door, but not the passenger door. (I know how to lock the passenger door manually. You Tube is your friend).

I am useless at auto electrics, but I suspect a relay may be faulty, or a door actuator, but I'm guessing.
Having looked at the fuse diagram in the owners manual was a waste of time as it is actually nothing like the diagram in the fuse box.
According to the manual it is a 20 amp fuse for the door locking, and there was a number for it as well. The number is F38 but this turned out to be a 10 amp fuse, which I checked anyway. The diagram shows 5x20 amp fuses when in reality there are 2. there is also a 30 amp fuse which doesn't appear on the diagram. Anyway, I have checked them and they are fine.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. We are going away on Saturday for a week but I can manage with it as it is for now.
If all else fails I know a very good (expensive) auto leccy.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I can’t quite remember the sequence but something like that used to happen to us. I think I unlocked, locked using fob and opened drivers door with handle from inside then pressed unlock, was something like that.

We had an instance last night where we used the spare key to manually unlock the front door, to later find I couldn’t press button inside to lock doors, so had to lock unlock with key fob before it reset. If no joy I’d suggest emailing Fiat.

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Thanks irnbru. I'll give that a try tomorrow when I can see what's happening

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
It is working again and I think for the simplest of reasons. When I moved the MH onto the front drive I had the red door not closed symbol on the dash. I checked all the doors and they were closed. Temper then got the better of me as I thought it was another fault, so I slammed the drivers door. The light went out and the door locks all worked.
Basically, I think with the MH getting the signal that the door wasn’t closed wouldn’t allow the locks to operate. Well, I hope that’s what it was. We are on the Aysgarth Falls Hotel camp site at the moment and everything seems to be working.

I hope that may be of use to anyone in the future.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Happens to us all the time especially with the back door if the bikes are on the rack

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
It is working again and I think for the simplest of reasons. When I moved the MH onto the front drive I had the red door not closed symbol on the dash. I checked all the doors and they were closed. Temper then got the better of me as I thought it was another fault, so I slammed the drivers door. The light went out and the door locks all worked.
Basically, I think with the MH getting the signal that the door wasn’t closed wouldn’t allow the locks to operate. Well, I hope that’s what it was. We are on the Aysgarth Falls Hotel camp site at the moment and everything seems to be working.

I hope that may be of use to anyone in the future.
A similar thing happened to us a few weeks ago. On our van, there's a switch inside the latch mechanism in the hab door that gets depressed when the door is latched closed. The small strip of metal on the microswitch had either bent a bit, or something had moved, because it wasn't reliably making contact... unless you slammed the door closed. I opened the door up and bent the metal a bit and now it thinks it's closed when it's closed, so will lock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back