Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
The drivers side door mirror has started to close up when driving over 50mph. A real nuisance, does anyone know if bolts etc need tightening?

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
On my Merc/Rapido there is an allen bolt which adjusts the pressure on the rotation axle.

HTH - Gordon

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I did a thread on how to dismantle Ducato door mirrors, but I can't find it! :)

You start by removing the mirror - but you need to warm it using a hair dryer to blow hot air behind it. It then just pulls off. You can get replacements off ebay for about £15 so it might be worth getting one in just in case. :)
Once the mirror is off you may be able to see the problem. Mine are electrically retractable and to get at the motor and gearbox would be tricky. There is a nasty looking spring which I suspect would be a devil to refit if removed.
If this has broken you may be able to bodge the mirror to stay in place. A new mirror unit is expensive.
To refit the mirror glass warm it up thoroughly first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Bunch of pic`s showing dismantled Long Arm Mirror Ducato 2007. The star type washer exerts the pressure on the Hollow pin I managed to get some extra pressure using a G Cramp with the Nut and a cut pipe section. but Mine still creeps back above about 50MPH.

IMG_5282.JPG IMG_5283.JPG IMG_5284.JPG IMG_5285.JPG IMG_5286.JPG IMG_5287.JPG IMG_5288.JPG IMG_5289.JPG IMG_5290.JPG IMG_5291.JPG

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
The drivers side door mirror has started to close up when driving over 50mph. A real nuisance, does anyone know if bolts etc need tightening?
Hi.
1. Tie a piece of strong string to the mirror,run it OUTSIDE, across the bottom of the windscreen,long enough to be reached from the passenger seat.
Get your "Gert" to hold onto this while you are travelling,when the mirror decides to fold up,on the command...PULL. your Gert pulls the s/string that then pulls the mirror back into focus.
Note. If your good lady (Gert?) does not want to play this game,add more strong string to her bit so you can reach it......... Jobs a good 'un.
Tea Bag. Luddite

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back