door locks. what do you use. (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
my kontiki is fitted with these DIABLOCK door bolts and they really do the biz.
Covert Installations - Vehicle Security Locks
after deactivating the bolt it will relock automaticly if the ignition isnt turned on or on and off within 30seconds to override the control unit.
i must admit they were already fitted when i bought the van and i didnt realise how expensive they are.

john.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:RollEyes: On our Kontiki the Drivers and Passenger doors have Chub locks fitted. The entrance door has the normal lock plus a Hasp & Staple fitted with a special lock. :winky:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi john, are the chub locks an extra or do they replace the standard door lock barrels? and is the hasp of the Mr Bean veriety.
the reason i ask about the chub is the door skins on the sevel vans are notoriously weak and a screwdriver through the side of the lock, pushed sideways will unlock the door due to the poor design of the mechanism.
this happened on our CI carioca.

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
hi john, are the chub locks an extra or do they replace the standard door lock barrels? and is the hasp of the Mr Bean veriety.
the reason i ask about the chub is the door skins on the sevel vans are notoriously weak and a screwdriver through the side of the lock, pushed sideways will unlock the door due to the poor design of the mechanism.
this happened on our CI carioca.

john.

The Chub locks are an extra. They were already fitted when I bought the Kontiki. They DO appear to be well fitted. Although you cannot open them from inside. I don't know what a Mr Bean Hasp & Staple is???? It's the usual type fitted to a garden shed. It DID in the original pictures for the Ad have 2 fitted. The seller took the top one off to put on another Motorhome. :Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back