Door locks for Iveco daily (1 Viewer)

Ian Paul

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Funster No
I have looked at buying a door lock for my hightop Iveco daily 2005 panel van conversion, I cant find a place to attach a door lock. The main problem is that the door mechanism is in the first 7com. So the bolts can not get throh. I did buy a FIAMMA Safedoor, but the door would not shut securely. Any sugesstions ?

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
The rear doors are a two second job with a big screwdriver to open
I used these on rear door

and this on side slider

OP
OP
Ian Paul

Ian Paul

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Funster No
Thank you Tac2man, but these clasp locks can not be fitted to my Iveco Daily as the closing mechanism goes down the inside edge of the door. I am looking for a lock specifically for a high top Standard Iveco Daily. I have had transit vans before and those clasp locks are very good. What do Iveco Dailer owners use ?

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Have you looked at the link I posted? There are other companies that supply similar locks, e.g. Garrison Locks for one. It is a matter of looking at what is available for your van and deciding which best meets your needs.

The Milenco lock bridges the two doors and binds them together. The Armourshell is a similar concept but a lot more robust (and expensive). Deadlocks are additional locks which supplement the manufacturer's normal lock and use euro type cylinders but with security keys. You can pay more for higher security keys if you prefer. If fitting deadlocks on a high top rear door, I might think about fitting two; one nearer the lower part of the door, the other nearer the top, with the standard lock in the middle.

Armourshell will resist attack for a considerable time, virtually bulletproof unless you cut the door away around it.

You need to assess what you are trying to achieve though. What would work as high security on a panel van is not necessarily as secure on a motorhome. Not much point in fitting a lock at great expense that makes it virtually impossible to open the door, when it might be a 30 second job to climb in through a window!

OP
OP
Ian Paul

Ian Paul

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Funster No
yes many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun