Door locking unlocking help required (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
Hi everyone
I have a 2007 autotrail scout and we have been away for the day when I tried the button on the remote to open the door nothing happened battery in the remote is dead , so tried the key in the door did not work luckily my othe half has the key for the habation door in her bag so we have managed to get in. I`ve checked the fuses and all are ok the button on the dash activates the central door locking and locks the doors will have to get a new battery tomorrow for the remote. does anybdy have any idea why the key in the door lock won`t work this is what worries me

Vita

Free Member
Mar 25, 2008
CZ
Funster No
I had this problem with my car - it was mechanical problem from when they repaired something in servis - and I found it 3 months later :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The fact that the key will not open the door suggests a mechanical problem, and that may also explain why the fob wont do it either, can you not now open the door from inside ?manually
Geo

OP
OP
karalal
Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
the door opens from the inside handel the switches on the dash and the switch on the door unlock and lock the door as normal so the central locking is working The light on the remote does not light up thats why I thought that the battery has gone . But why won`t the key work manually

Last edited:

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
HI karalal
Is the Scout on a Mercedes chassis.

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
OK only our scout is on a Mercedes and we are having trouble locking and unlocking ours but its not the fob. it gets moment when it just wont lock or open so frustrating. we have even been sat in it and it locks up itself and theres no ghosts in it so we do not go outside without the keys in our pockets Sometimes the motor battery just dies and we have to jump start it. But its booked into Discover in 2 weeks time for them to sort it.
Maureen

Vita

Free Member
Mar 25, 2008
CZ
Funster No
key outside, knob inside and central - all work independently - so mechanical failure off one, doesnot affect the others

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
the door opens from the inside handel the switches on the dash and the switch on the door unlock and lock the door as normal so the central locking is working The light on the remote does not light up thats why I thought that the battery has gone . But why won`t the key work manually
OK its not to drastic by the sound of it,the mechanical link rod from the normal door lock(key) has fallen off and may have been like that for a while, its only the failure of the remote that has brought it to your attention, remove door card and inspect, a new battery should get the remote going again as you say
Geo

Vita

Free Member
Mar 25, 2008
CZ
Funster No
remote locking usualy not works if you are near strong transmitter (police station, radio transmitter ...)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
OK its not to drastic by the sound of it,the mechanical link rod from the normal door lock(key) has fallen off and may have been like that for a while, its only the failure of the remote that has brought it to your attention, remove door card and inspect, a new battery should get the remote going again as you say
Geo

mines an older version(2001) Geo, but mine doesnt have a link rod....the lock barrel lever works direct on the latch mechanism unless you mean the link from handle to latch.

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
OK only our scout is on a Mercedes and we are having trouble locking and unlocking ours but its not the fob. it gets moment when it just wont lock or open so frustrating. we have even been sat in it and it locks up itself and theres no ghosts in it so we do not go outside without the keys in our pockets Sometimes the motor battery just dies and we have to jump start it. But its booked into Discover in 2 weeks time for them to sort it.
Maureen

740sman

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
swansea
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
3 months caravan for 21 years
keys lock out

reading your note about keys not opening your autotrail,we were told that you must change over your keys each month. if you dont the key memory will be lost, could this be why you could not get into the motorhome.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
reading your note about keys not opening your autotrail,we were told that you must change over your keys each month. if you dont the key memory will be lost, could this be why you could not get into the motorhome.

Hi 740sman,

Good grief, what a carry on. If that is the case, its ridiculous for the manufacturers to expect folks to swap keys over on a monthly basis.

As for fob batterries, we have the Vanbitz alarm system, and my fob battery needs replacing annually, as it is the one used the most.. I have also had to replace the rubber buttons on the fobs too.

Jock.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp

Don't see how that can be true. I have only ever had one key since I got my MH. So if it were true I would have been in trouble long ago.
Hope I'm not tempting fate ? :Eeek:

OP
OP
karalal
Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
Installed new battery central door locking now working again but still can`t open the drivers door with the key

740sman

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
swansea
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
3 months caravan for 21 years
back to the drawing board

o well thanks for your notices re monthly key changes i was thinking that was very funny also whos winding me up! lets hope someone does not get a report to the fact of momthly changes again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back