Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're thinking of having a Fiamma door locking bar fitted because the lock on our habitation door is so flimsy. The only downside I can see is that they are no use when you are inside the MH but our main concern is when the MH is left unattended. The added benefit would be to help us two shortish ladies to climb in.
Can anyone recommend them? Are they a good buy?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Don't fit anything that would stop you getting out in an emergency. I read of plonkers who lean out of window and lock such a lock from inside. Might as well sleep with a noose round their necks.

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This one can be opened/locked from inside & out.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i dont like them for one reason,when in the locked position they give a thief something to pull on,pulling away the flimsy side wall that they are fitted to including the original lock but as an aid to entering the motorhome great idea:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
They add an extra visible means of deterrent when not in van, wont stop anyone determined to get in though, but as you say they do help when entering the van.

We had one on previous motorhome for wife's use, she is partially disabled she found it a great help, they would not fit on current van due to obstructions on the inside wall.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I think that the weakest entry points are the windows and skylights.
These would help you get in and out and be a visual deterrent.

barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I tend to agree with Barry - kinda like the old Crookloks - utterly useless as a means of theft protection except if there were 2 cars the same they had a choice of nicking and the other one didn't have a Crooklok, they'd perhaps take the other one instead or yours.

I had one of those things that clamps the handbrake lever to the gearstick - FAR superior and never understood why they weren't more popular?

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
My van has one fitted. It covers the flimsy door lock when closed. It also doubles as a handle to get in and out of the van. If I bought another van without, would I fit one? Yes - what ever I can do to hinder someone getting into the van has to be of use. Hope this helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back