Door lock barrel - how easy to replace? (1 Viewer)

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
At some point the main habitation door lock barrel has been changed on our MH and so we have an additional key for it. I see that Burstner original barrels can be purchased relatively cheaply - so I'm thinking of getting one that matches the key code of the lockers, and hence doing away with the extra key. How easy is it to replace the habitation door lock barrel? Thanks.

This is what they look like:

http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.com/1742057-burstner-door-lock-barrel.html

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
That barrel is not specific to BURSTENER :LOL: but a Zadi or vecam barrel recognisable by the red shutter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I thought it looked like a sod of a job but then @Techno pointed me in the right direction and it proved to be a 20 second one (y)

OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
Brilliant - thanks for the quick response. Reading @Techno's thread it looks like I need to buy a red key as well as the new barrel. I did wonder how it could be so easy but still secure - but of course you can only do this if the lock is unlocked (i.e. you already have the right key). My existing Burstner keys should fit the new barrel, using the same red key to fit it. I'll then be down to the original one Burstner and one Fiat key for everything. Job done :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back