Nov 2, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
18 months
Hello All,

The lower hinge on my CI Carioca 5's garage door seized and my efforts opening the door has resulted in a total hinge failure, one of the flags snapped in line with the screw holes due to metal fatigue. It's a simple aluminium flag hinge so I wasn't overly concerned, get them everywhere I thought. Wrong! Tried several over the counter outlets but none were able to help. I ended up phoning Brownhills who ordered one from Trigano Italy for £33.00 including discount! I told Rosie (the stores lady) that I didn't need the door!!! :whatthe:

Looking at the hinge, there appears to be little to it and I can't for the life of me see 33 quid! :cry:

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and knows of someone (maybe a little man somewhere) who can make me one.

When I was a kid, seemingly, virtually every street had little men with sheds who could repair or make anything, however, I'm now coming to realize that these highly skilled, imaginative and innovative people are vanishing. I'm sure that if I were still in school (I left 50 years ago) my old metalwork teacher would have shown me how to make one and would have helped me, hand on hand, if necessary, to complete the task.

Sad to think that the country that gave industry and high technology to the world, could be defeated by the loss of a simple mickey mouse aluminium hinge. :Sad:

What say you?

Brian. ::bigsmile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I know coachcraft and leisure in cornwall will stock the parts at reasonable prices, or you can try ebay/converters.

When you get them, take the others apart and ensure that you use SILICONE GREASE. Normal mineral oil based greases and sprays will only make the situation worse as they attract grit and react with the plastics.

From memory, they are around £6-8 each average.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Looking at the hinge, there appears to be little to it and I can't for the life of me see 33 quid!

I can.....it has the word 'motorhome' in the title.

motorhome door hinge. :Angry:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back