Jan 9, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Swift 685
Exp
I’m a newbie
Due to be in Doolin in the Wild Atlantic Coast in Ireland tomorrow

Site has a great location right next to Atlantic Ocean Which of course means windy and tomorrow when we arrive it’s due to be 50mph winds

have recently purchased an air awning as there are 6 of us and it’s been fab but a little concerned how it will perform exposed to 50mph winds

would you put up your awning in these conditions

OP
OP
Fatboy1960
Jan 9, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Swift 685
Exp
I’m a newbie
Arrived at the site and wind had dropped so we put up the awning but then wind increased overnight to 50mph + 😬 . Learnt 2 things 1) I can’t sleep at all when worrying if the awning will be there in the morning and 2 I have a very robust awning that coped well with the conditions

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Due to be in Doolin in the Wild Atlantic Coast in Ireland tomorrow

Site has a great location right next to Atlantic Ocean Which of course means windy and tomorrow when we arrive it’s due to be 50mph winds

have recently purchased an air awning as there are 6 of us and it’s been fab but a little concerned how it will perform exposed to 50mph winds

would you put up your awning in these conditions

seeing this post reminds me of one of my stops at Doolin... I was staying on the site you are on.. (there is a smaller site a little more set back from the coast which ive also used ) and just returned from a cycle ride to the cliffs of Moher...I popped down into the harbour to see if I could get a booking on one of the arran island ferries... I was to late but there was a fair bit activity in the harbour...
they were busy removing something really weird looking from the harbour...one of the ferries had reported it as a floating danger and an obstruction to navigation..
it turned out to be a large jet ski, which was covered in large goose barnacles....
it had obviously been in the water a fair while and later turned out it had crossed the Atlantic from America
0AC7F0A8-17C7-4477-8A55-ECABEDA37373.jpeg

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I wonder if it's repairable, might make a fun project for someone 🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
The first time we stopped at Doolin, the boat to the Arrans couldn’t get back for two days! We had to shelter behind a wall in our way back from the pub and despite waterproofs were wet to the skin when we got back to the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back