Don't you just love caravaners (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We returned to one French campsite after a day out, to find that someone had pulled a caravan out of storage and put it on "our" pitch while we were out. Despite having a reservation for 5 nights, and our big yellow Pitch Reserved sign in 3 languages. The site was only half full so this seemed very careless even for France. Nothing special about the pitch itself, but up with this sort of abuse we Brits will not put. The receptionist hastily apologised and summoned the dozy assistant to tow the caravan off to an empty pitch a respectful distance away so all's well ... etc.
Another Dux!!! (y)(y)(y)

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
NO never in a million years. TUGGER that cannot manoeuvre his outfit and entertains everyone when he arrives is a wonderful sight. No holiday is complete without them.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
NO never in a million years. TUGGER that cannot manoeuvre his outfit and entertains everyone when he arrives is a wonderful sight. No holiday is complete without them.
Agree entirely. However lately this wonderful pastime, often enjoyed with a glass or three of wine, has been ruined by the increasing use of motor movers. My view is that these should be banned from all sites in the future and tuggers should be made to show everybody on the site just how good they are at reversing.

What next to ruin the fun ..... inflatable awnings????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
And there I was, worrying that there might be one too many Duxxes on the forum

Hope to meet you someday!

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Agree entirely. However lately this wonderful pastime, often enjoyed with a glass or three of wine, has been ruined by the increasing use of motor movers. My view is that these should be banned from all sites in the future and tuggers should be made to show everybody on the site just how good they are at reversing.

All we need is for someone to produce a universal motor mover controller, such fun could be had for all :D

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
All we need is for someone to produce a universal motor mover controller, such fun could be had for all :D
That's why I have a towbar so I can move tuggers vans while their out, or alter the levelling legs, oh what fun. ;):LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yes, just imagine.....universal remote control - point at a tugger and his van moves mysteriously. Then point at another, and another. Or get them manoeuvring in unison

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, just imagine.....universal remote control - point at a tugger and his van moves mysteriously. Then point at another, and another. Or get them manoeuvring in unison
Or change plot at night!!

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
@Howard H .........it would be killing me wondering WHY they have to have your pitch:LOL:.....can't say either way whether we'd move without being privy to that :ROFLMAO:
Like Debs, don't really understand the reason the warden felt he had to ask you to move, again WHY

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years

Don't worry no motor mover on my Fifth wheel so you could still watch when i arrive on site(y)

?

Deleted User
I get the impression some think they are better than people with caravans. Dont wee all like the same thing, the great outdoors?

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I get the impression some think they are better than people with caravans. Dont wee all like the same thing, the great outdoors?

You're right, and I was a caravanner for a few years so I'm sure I've been the source of many people's entertainment on site

?

Deleted User
There's snobbery in everything. Sadly.
Whe i was in Trier Germany i noticed a few motorhome owners giving dirty looks to the people across from them with older vans. Ill talk to anyone but if i feel my neighbor is an ignorant git due to me having a old shitter ill go out my way to annoy that fecker.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Whe i was in Trier Germany i noticed a few motorhome owners giving dirty looks to the people across from them with older vans. Ill talk to anyone but if i feel my neighbor is an ignorant git due to me having a old shitter ill go out my way to annoy that fecker.
I'd laugh at your old shitter :)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

We do like the great outdoors but IMHO, caravaners tend to spend more time inside their vans than motorhomers (especially during the evenings). We tend to see them sitting behind their net curtains or in their awnings watching TV (generator going 24/7) when on evening walks and sitting outside. Also, when walking / cycling around caravan areas, we feel as though we are being watched by the occupants of every curtain twitching caravan. If there is snobbery, it is from them to us. However, we do have an old mh & camper so maybe we don't meet their poshness criteria.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

There's snobbery in everything. Sadly.

The butler assures me that we aren't the slightest bit snobbish........

.........seriously, we will talk with anybody. Probably why I keep being arrested :rolleyes:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
i think if they didnt say thank you ,i would laft a going away gift and thrown bread on there roof .lol

?

Deleted User
Naw

Dolly-the-Sheep.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread