Dont under cook your meat in Europe. (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My daughter who is a vegetarian got soo ill when abroad, she ended up back here in hospital on a drip, caused by the salads!!!:(
I gave you a 'funny' purely for the sheer irony but hope your daughter is okay now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
I gave you a 'funny' purely for the sheer irony but hope your daughter is okay now.
It is Funny now:D wasnt then.

Few years ago now. First holiday away in Corfu, without mum and dad!
Bloody worried. As you do!
Learnt alot back then. I wasnt aware at the time, that you could get Salmonella from salad:(
It wasnt proved, but it was the only thing she was eating.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You get dilute bleach here to wash salads in.
With the op that I had read last night is why aren't we all dropping like flies here especially when they usually only flash cook pork ?
I don't usually suffer as anything I eat cooked is muy,muy hecho. Cremated.:)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Dear oh dear Mr B - your headline "DON'T UNDER COOK YOUR MEAT IN EUROPE" is somewhat OTT!

I know you go on to mention pork in the text but the headline is a bit scary!! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I never, ever, eat meat cooked on a barbeque or at a buffet. Life's short enough already.
Odd innit, that so many 'modern' folk cook outdoors and go to the loo indoors? At my gran's house it was the reverse.

Sheldon C

Free Member
Mar 30, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Euromobil 695EB Profila
Exp
Since 1995
European producers barely comply with the minimum standards for animal welfare and hygiene these days as the costs for compliance are huge, producers do not want to carry the cost and consumers appear unwilling to accept the additional charges. Many of the European accreditation stamps and quality marks cannot be verified from farm to plate making them worthless as quality indicators. The consequences are the introduction to the food chain of carcases already heavily contaminated, whereas a few years ago these would have been incinerated and now an increasing suspicion falling upon UK producers, some of whom are already purchasing abroad then relabelling as produced in UK simply because it is legal to repackage and claim as UK produced.

We really are living on the edge of a potential explosion of food related scandals which will make all past egg, chicken horse meat, anti-biotics, steroids and BSE related incidents pale into insignificance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back