Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Tell her that there is a new EU directive that states that if a person has not driven such a vehicle before, they have to take a Test

Or you could be a man and just say Noooooo:winky::winky::winky::winky:

Alan H

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yoy , hoy hoy !!! Go Girl go !! You show them how it is done !!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
ps have a good christmas xx

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
she wants to drive then let her.....on proviso she pays the insurance, tax, mot, fuel and repair bills. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, just throw her the keys,:winky: I do.....::bigsmile: When we go out in the car, she says who's car we taking ? my reply is I don't mind.:Smile: When she comes out I'm sat in the passenger seat... Bob.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
So if your both away in the van and you have an accident and cant drive the van - is this the time to say? 'ok you need get me to the hospital/doctors', when she would be worried about you and have to face driving something she hasnt driven before.

Its not a monster of a van you have, I drive one that size everyday and it has a better driving position than a car.

maggie

Last edited:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
So if your both away in the van and you have an accident and cant drive the van - is this the time to say ok you need get me to the hospital/doctors, when she would be worried about you and have to face driving something she hasnt driven before.

Yep. Good point. Go on, risk it. It might be worth it.

You could always enroll her in a local branch of this...

http://www.roadar.org/

and locally, maybe covering your area:

Link Removed

It's amazing the results they get.

John

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I think it is a good idea so that in emergencies she knows she can drive it.

I keep on thinking I must drive ours but being a left hander I had it, I have only driven it for approx a total of 2 hours.

I am not a good driver I would be the first to admit that.

I always think yeah I will have another go but I always look for excuses, and have a sleep in the passenger seat instead.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pat

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I always try to look at the positives... ::bigsmile:riving2:
Wake up at your destination fresh and rearing to go. :boxing:
Never get lost as you will be reading the map.:blonde2:
Stop in a lay-by leave the key in the ignition and have a good drink.:beerchug:
Stop in any pub on route.:drink:
Have a bottle of wine with your picnic.:wine:
Sit in the sun while she goes to the supermarket. :rain:
Don’t forget the protocol: the driver puts the awning up, washes the van and checks the oil and always empty the loo:whistle:
I’m sure there are many more benefits:whistle:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
TRUST ME NO NO NO,,, allow her only to help with the washing and cleaning of the van. Do not let her behind the wheel...

Nikki is not allowed, when ever she tries she ruins my holidays by scaring me shitless. So dont allow it make life more interrestng for her.. get a book that keeps the children happy when in a car, you know the sort count the blue cars type.

............................................................................ :moon:

........................................................................ hardhat:blonde2::blonde2::blonde2::yeah::thumbdown:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
wedding dresses are white for a reason, the reason is because most kitchen appliences are white. Now I know most motorhomes are white but they definatly are NOT kitchen appliances so it's best to leave it to the man to drive.:ROFLMAO:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
wedding dresses are white for a reason, the reason is because most kitchen appliences are white. Now I know most motorhomes are white but they definatly are NOT kitchen appliances so it's best to leave it to the man to drive.:ROFLMAO:

You know what Dane I quite like being Chauffeured around, know you place man!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Pat

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Or on a serious note, both the CC and C&CC run training courses for motorhomes?

That said, guess who does all the driving of ours, worries me to death when 'she' gets the keys, well the once she got the keys. She's gotta have a go with Winne some time I know but.........:Eeek:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Or on a serious note, both the CC and C&CC run training courses for motorhomes?

That said, guess who does all the driving of ours, worries me to death when 'she' gets the keys, well the once she got the keys. She's gotta have a go with Winne some time I know but.........:Eeek:

Be afraid, be very afraid :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi let her drive, swimbo used to drive our eurovan, it was great, TT told her where to go, and I had a kip in the back. ::bigsmile: Going to put her in for the medical next year so she can drive the RV.

Olley

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
dont no wot to do wife won ts to learn to drive the van. she can only just drive the car and not very well :Sad::Sad::Sad:

Who says so? Maybe it's you that can't drive very well and doesn't know what a good driver is like, so you don't appreciate her skill. :winky:

Send her on the C & C C or CC course and then she can show you how it should be done.

By the way, the non-driver is responsible for all cooking, internal cleaning, washing up, packing, laundry, bed making & navigation ......................

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Martin - Barbara used to drive our Auto Sleeper van conversion and had no problems. Pity that she can only drive hand control vehicles now, or she would have been driving the McLouis and sharing the long journeys.

As others have said, enroll Lynne on a course. You never know when her assistance may be invaluable when you get yourself "stressed "over a good night out ::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Shirley says she will only drive the van in an emergency. I don't doubt her ability, she is qualified to drive an emergency ambulance, but her feet don't reach the pedals :Eeek:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Shirley says she will only drive the van in an emergency. I don't doubt her ability, she is qualified to drive an emergency ambulance, but her feet don't reach the pedals :Eeek:

I think that would constitute an emergency.
Help_by_bliood_kira.gif
::bigsmile:

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back