Don't know if it's been proven (1 Viewer)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I’m afraid I can’t see the point of washing the dog weekly.
Does the dog only go out once a week?
If you’re that worried you would have to wash the dog after every outing!
Sooner or later we are all going to get the virus unless the powers can pull their fingers out and find an jab for it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thank you for this, I have checked with her and she says it is incredibly dilute and she then washes its feet in warm soapy water before drying them thoroughly. But no dettol in future!
What's the point if it is incredibly dilute? More likely to give a false sense of security.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
What's the point if it is incredibly dilute? More likely to give a false sense of security.
But I suppose we all need hobbies at the moment dog foot washing if its very dilute is fairly harmless (if a waste of time!).
I think its pointless too by the way

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I thought the preferred way of washing a dog was tying it to a tree am using a hose.....but then again I’m not a dog owner and have just learnt on here that soap and water is the preferred way so if I do ever get a dog it would get the soap and water treatment...just to ask do you then use a hose to wash the soap out? ?

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I thought the preferred way of washing a dog was tying it to a tree am using a hose.....but then again I’m not a dog owner and have just learnt on here that soap and water is the preferred way so if I do ever get a dog it would get the soap and water treatment...just to ask do you then use a hose to wash the soap out? ?
Trust me when I say that when a dog rolls in fox ?will reach for the hose, then the shampoo, then the hose again. That was something I had to watch with the Jack R's, they were guilty of finding stinky things.?
Our Border Collies NEVER have a bath, they do that themselves.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Trust me when I say that when a dog rolls in fox ?will reach for the hose, then the shampoo, then the hose again. That was something I had to watch with the Jack R's, they were guilty of finding stinky things.?
Our Border Collies NEVER have a bath, they do that themselves.

:giggle: Thats all the confirmation I need as to why not own a Dog, but I also get why people love thiers :love: but not for me thank you (y)

Jul 2, 2019
Rugby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2019, folding camper for many years.
(y)I had heard that Tomato Sauce is very good for getting rid of the smell of fox poo, once washed rub some in leave then rinse, tried it once on daughters dog worked well. We've got a self washing collie too, gotta love her takes hours for her to dry.:giggle:

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
(y)I had heard that Tomato Sauce is very good for getting rid of the smell of fox poo, once washed rub some in leave then rinse, tried it once on daughters dog worked well. We've got a self washing collie too, gotta love her takes hours for her to dry.:giggle:
Get her a dogrobe,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back