Dont forget your trailer green card (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Saga were happy to give us three green cards, at no additional cost.
One for the moho, one for the trailer (including Suzuki Ignis on it) and one for the Suzuki when it was on the A Frame rather than the trailer.

I know they seem to get a bit of a bad press, but I can't fault them. Renewal went up by only £32.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You do not officially need a green card until we are out of EU and even then there will be a transition period to be agreed which is an unknown so as I said earlier why worry about it??

As I see it, though, it's still not a given that we will leave with a deal - Boris has until 31st January. If we leave with a deal, I'm pretty sure there will be a transitional agreement meaning we don't need a Green Card. However if we leave "no-deal" the whole lot falls to bits and we WILL need a Green Card.

My dilemma is that we plan to leave UK on 2 January, travel south and leave EU, for Morocco, around 28th January. We'll return maybe 2 months later so will the situation have changed?
I'm going to request a Green Card to cover me until our return, probably mid-April. Also International Drivers Permits for both France and Spain.

It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
You should not need an IDP for Spain, for visits up to 9 months after B****t, or for visits of less than 6 months duration, after that

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You should not need an IDP for Spain, for visits up to 9 months after B****t, or for visits of less than 6 months duration, after that

Try explaining that to Spanish plod at the roadside.
If their gaffer says nick em, they'll nick em.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
But that gov website assumes we are going to leave the EU with a deal.

As the "leave" has been delayed twice already who is to say it won't be again - except that it is still possible to be a no-deal. No good for me to wait until 31 January!

Post Office here I come!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Why are people concerned about Green cards as the information provided on that .gov site was for those circumstances where:

"What you will need to drive while visiting the EU if there's a no deal Bxxxx."

We have been assured many times now by Boris that he has an oven ready deal and no one knows the detail it contains.

Mick

Oven ready?

Whose the cook ?
Do they know what they are doing?
Can they convert gas mark x to centigrade?
Will it be basted or nice and crispy?
Will they still be around to take it out.
Will the time required be extended?

Gas , electric or wood oven

Hopefully the recipe is understood on both sides of the channel.

What on earth is an “ oven ready deal?

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
What on earth is an “ oven ready deal?

Unlike proper food cooked by a chief with knowledge, thought and experience which will normally produce wonderful results as we all know a oven ready dish can be just bunged in and you eat it 20 mins later. It's made from low grade mass produced products, it will be full of hidden preservatives and palm oil, it will have red traffic lights for the salt, sugar and fat contents, it costs far more and yet leaves you hungry at the end.

I'd say his description was accurate

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back