Don't forget Severn Bridge toll prices went up again on New Year's Day! (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
The toll for cars and motor caravans will rise from £6.60 to £6.70.

Ssmall goods vehicles and small buses will rise from £13.20 to £13.40.

Heavy goods vehicles and buses will rise by 20p from £19.80 to £20.

OP
OP
The Old Man
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
A good reminder JollyRodger, thank you.

Other additional information if you've not used the bridge for a longtime;

They now accept cards, including Contactless, saves all that fumbling around for loose change.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Can anyone tell my WHY, we have tolls? (bridges and roads). When the level of taxation on vehicle use generally is so high?. To my (Cynical) mind, Tolls are only the "face" of Stealth Taxation.

BTW. Hull is city of culture 2017. IF you are going, and use the Humber Bridge, there are a couple of "scams" going, One is the "Change", you hand over the right amount in small coin, and the operative says "insufficient", shows you the cash and (say) 20p is missing, this has happened to me twice now in one year. I suspect they flick a coin into their lap and are making a few quid extra per day. The second scam is 3 axle trucks, you go in "light" with the 3rd axle raised and they charge for 3 axles. I threatened to get the police, and blocked the pay booth until he said go on.!. You can get "Tags" now if you are a regular user BUT have to register ONE vehicle with the Bridge Board if you have a blue badge. So if like us you have a car and motor-home you can only get use of one vehicle. Not Both.

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
new i seen some were iv got wrong year

Budget 2015: VAT on Severn tolls to end
The Wales Office has confirmed that Seven Bridges tolls are expected to fall when the crossings return to public ownership because VAT would no longer be levied. The tax represents just over £1 of the present £6.50 toll for cars and more than £3 of the £19.60 paid by lorries. The Chancellor also announced that the present £13.10 for small vans and buses would be reduced to the same toll as is charged for cars.

Today's announcement is great news for small businesses but also for the many hardworking people in South Wales who cross the Severn Bridge every day for work. We are determined to do everything possible to support the Welsh economy by improving connectivity in all ways, from road to rail through to strong electronic links.

– Wales Office Minister Alun Cairns MP
The private company that built the Second Severn Crossing will hand back the tolls when the construction costs have been paid off. That's now expected to happen in 2018.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back