LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
I have a number of rental houses, and people are able to move in and out, people can buy and sell houses and move between Scotland and England, People go to work, and mix, and people have guests in their homes when they shouldn’t, I’ve not done any of that, and wish others wouldn’t, so I don’t see any harm in one contactless journey.

I can walk from home across fields and see the M1, and each day it’s a busy as ever in and out of London.
Sounds like you are just trying to convince yourself.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We've rebooked our tunnel for September as one of our vouchers was due to run out today so it was a case of use it or lose it! Still have more to use plus a Brittany Ferry one as well but who knows whether we'll be able to use it. At least this way there MIGHT be a chance but if not, so be it.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The problem with Covid case reportings are, as I understand it.

People who die from heart attack or stroke, who are, or have tested positive within the last 28 days. Are reported within the figures. So the figures are not going to come down. The more this carries on, the less I believe it.

Covid causes blood clotting that creates complications, including heart attacks and strokes, so your examples are not necessarily down to other causes. Pneumonia isn't the only killer complication from Covid. The data isn't going to be there to distinguish one type of death from another because autopsies are not being carried out, for obvious reasons. So we have to go with the current definition which has the benefit of consistency if nothing else.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Back on topic, we have booked 5 short breaks on CMC sites spread over the months from April onwards, in the hope that restrictions might be lifted (and not reimposed) on at least some of those dates.

I don't feel confident enough about touring in France this year. Maybe in 2022.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Covid causes blood clotting that creates complications, including heart attacks and strokes, so your examples are not necessarily down to other causes. Pneumonia isn't the only killer complication from Covid. The data isn't going to be there to distinguish one type of death from another because autopsies are not being carried out, for obvious reasons. So we have to go with the current definition which has the benefit of consistency if nothing else.
An autopsy was carried out on Simon, due to his age (53) and no existing conditions. Nothing was found so we have an interim DC and are waiting for the Histology report.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I'm not sure the Government has said that we won't be able to go on holiday.

They have indicated that with infection rates remaining high, there is uncertainty about when and where holidays might be available.

In my opinion, the media has tried to whip up a non-story about mixed messages.

It seems straightforward to me - just have a bit more patience, to see what is safely available.

We'd like to go to France if possible, but we'll wait to see how things pan out...
Where is Mystic Meg when you need her???..BUSBY.

george w menzies

Free Member
Apr 25, 2018
Funster No
I’m going to Scotland in June.

And tbh, I’m Going regardless, I don’t see how loading the 4x4 and driving non stop to Stirling for pay at pump fuel before going onto a remote cottage with no neighbours and staying there, with acres of lone space, including fishing, walking, wildlife viewing etc and only Asda or Tesco deliveries is any less safe than being at home with no space and going off my head.
and if everyone did that?

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
I’m going to Scotland in June.

And tbh, I’m Going regardless, I don’t see how loading the 4x4 and driving non stop to Stirling for pay at pump fuel before going onto a remote cottage with no neighbours and staying there, with acres of lone space, including fishing, walking, wildlife viewing etc and only Asda or Tesco deliveries is any less safe than being at home with no space and going off my head.
Unless, god forbid you're involved in an accident and put more pressure on local NHS staff etc
but you probably know this won't happen :cool::madder:

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
You have to book in advance
If it doesn't happen then so be it
I have bookings for sites and major events that i have rolled over to this year from 2020
I have a booking for 2023 that I might be dead for but hey ho, you just carry on

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back