wavehead

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilkt
Exp
We went with the van to the Canaries 3 years ago for 6 months and used a Movistar Dongle, although coverage was good in Lanzarote and Fuerte Ventura it was expensive for the 1gb/month type of PAYGO. This time we are off to Gran Canaria and Tenerife. Does anyone know the best company to get a dongle and PAYGO account using about 1gb/month for 6 months. Looking on the net where and what to buy is not working....... Has anyone got recent experience and help

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Try and find "Mondo"in the members list.and send him a pm he was based there till very recently:thumb:
Geo

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
When I was there we used Vodaphone Dongle however all the pricing structure changed and all the tariffs went silly prices..our's was originally 49 euros a month which sounds a lot but when you consider we had unlimited downloads it worked out at 1:30 a day..however as I said that all changed and downloads went limited..we then got a phone line fitted and the cost was 44 euros a month for allegedly "Unlimited" but we had no end of problems with Movistar/Telefonica..we had to have the rate upped twice in 18 months as what I was paying for and what I was getting were totally different..then cancelling the line took forever not like UK call and it's done my advice would be to find Internet Cafes and use them at around 1 euro for 30 minutes it would be easier..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

wavehead

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilkt
Exp
thanks

When I was there we used Vodaphone Dongle however all the pricing structure changed and all the tariffs went silly prices..our's was originally 49 euros a month which sounds a lot but when you consider we had unlimited downloads it worked out at 1:30 a day..however as I said that all changed and downloads went limited..we then got a phone line fitted and the cost was 44 euros a month for allegedly "Unlimited" but we had no end of problems with Movistar/Telefonica..we had to have the rate upped twice in 18 months as what I was paying for and what I was getting were totally different..then cancelling the line took forever not like UK call and it's done my advice would be to find Internet Cafes and use them at around 1 euro for 30 minutes it would be easier..

Thanks for that but we tend to free camp on quiet beaches, as we windsurf and snorkel a lot, this means we are not near cafes etc so thats not convenient for regular users. Movistar did have good coverage as I said.....:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back