Done anything stupid in your motorhome recently? (1 Viewer)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
So.. We're at a very busy c&cc site this morning our last day before going home when at 1230 Im sitting chilling when one of the wardens turns up and points out we only booked 6 nights... Not 7 (as we thought) and someone was waiting for our pitch.. They would have loved to help but they were very full...And it was bank holiday weekend...
Grr...
Anyway I'm at home typing this... :cry:

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
In my previous motorhome, I'd only had it a couple of weeks so was getting use to everything when I noticed a couple of loose wires in the cupboard under the sink which I thought went to the micro switch for the outside shower tap so I thought to myself I'll reconnect those!

A couple of weeks later my other half was outside and turned the shower tap on. After a couple of minutes I smelt burning plastic but couple not locate where it was coming from. I then opened the wardrobe door and there was a fire, slowly burning and melting our crocs and some clothes!!!!

After pulling everything out and putting the flames out, I realised that I'd joined the wires to the switch which didn't need joining and when the shower tap was switched on, current flowed through the very small diameter wire which had gone red hot and melted and set fire!

To this day we still have the crocs with the melted look and everyting we look at them we laugh :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back