Don,t lose your no claims discount (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
nearly lost my no claims discount by insuring with companys that doesn't recognise it.
Apparently if you don't use it for two years you have to start agin.
I have been with comfort they don,t tell you at the time but it's our no claims so it's up to us to look after it.
So it's back to saga.
Hope this helps someone.

Andy

OP
OP
LOOSE WHEEL
Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
Well they have just lost a customer because they couldn't be bothered to explain.
If in doubt ask.
Regards Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
My brother phoned his insurance about a claim for a £300 repair. They explained that he had a £300 excess.
He decided he might has well pay for the repair from his own pocket.
When he came for renewal they said he had had claim so there was a surcharge to the renewal.
He explained he had paid for it self but it seems it makes no difference as there was a claim on file.

Just one more example of how the insurance companies are out to rob you.

OP
OP
LOOSE WHEEL
Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
Had a Mk 1 transit Landliner motorhome many years ago and it was written off by some kind workman with a steel bar overhanging his pickup.
The co op insurance payed me out and I bought it back and repair it,
18 mouths later another idiot down a lane ran into it again the insurance wrote it off but this time they said it was knock for knock so had to claim off my insurance ( co op ) they wouldn't pay me anything at all because they had already done so.
I reminded them that they had taken the premium money every year and had insured it fully comp, got nowhere.

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Had a little incident in France, we paid the other parties repair but they had already informed there insurer although they did cancel the claim so we in turn informed our insurer but no claim on our vehicle & we had already paid for minor claim on other vehicle as less than our excess. Come renew and my no claims goes from 9 years to 3.

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
I did have a small bump a while ago nothing really not my fault, but the other person told their insurance who told my insurance who rang me to fill a claim form over the phone i told them i not claiming and not giving you any info either, that was the end of that, remember its a no claim bonus not a no blame bonus and ins cos are not here to help you there here to make a profit.
Bill.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If you don't tell your insurance company about accidents no matter how small and whether you intend to claim or not they will class you as a fraudulent customer and in many cases will cancel your policy without refund!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
My brother phoned his insurance about a claim for a £300 repair. They explained that he had a £300 excess.
He decided he might has well pay for the repair from his own pocket.
When he came for renewal they said he had had claim so there was a surcharge to the renewal.
He explained he had paid for it self but it seems it makes no difference as there was a claim on file.

Just one more example of how the insurance companies are out to rob you.

They term the notification of a fault accident or incident which could have led to a claim and therefore a loss to them as a "claim" it matters not whether they're the ones who pay out or the policy holder. The point they would argue is that the accident or incident involved the policy holder and therefore results in increased risk which generates a higher premium.

If one wants to keep premiums down it's better to simply pay for the repair and not tell the insurance company. Obviously this only works if insurance details have bit been given to a third party.

When it cones to renewal and you are asked if any accidents or claims in the last five years a moral decision has to be made, but that's another matter

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Nothing new there, when the boys were young I ran two cars and 2 policies, once they went I used no claims alternativley, keeping both going for a lot of years, wish I had continued, might have helped when we got the Escape, but insurance did mirror our own existing full no claims, doubt that would happen now.

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Did the chip in the window free repair a couple of years ago, not realising that it would effect my premium as a claim.
Free £25 repair ended up costing a lot more.
Lesson learnt.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I lost mine ( never ever claimed since passing my test 1984 ) because Ralph insured my car two years running with me as a driver him as main . Ive only got 2 years now , have to build it up again.
We never realised .

Wilderbeast

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Stockton on tees
Funster No
MH
"Hymer duomobil" B634 SL
Exp
Since 2011
Couple of years ago a kind nob head keyed our van and smart car after Spain got binned out of the euro's ....
Enquired with insurance company procedure for making a claim... decided to pay myself and never continued making a claim on renewal I was informed it's on record you made a " no cost " claim !!
I get the same conversation every renewal with the same insurance company......tosses

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back