Dometic - Why such bad service? (1 Viewer)

gerryr

Free Member
Mar 20, 2010
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We are relatively new to the motorhome scene having graduated from a VW pop top to our Hymer in February. We have a small list of items that need replacement including a window blind and some kitchen fittings all of which are supplied in this country through Dometic at Blandford. I have approached several local companies to order these items as you cannot buy from Dometic direct. As soon as you mention the 'D' word salesmens eyes roll into the back of their sockets and shallow oaths are muttered. The general message is this company has the worst customer service record on the planet. Don't touch them. This is impractical when they are the only supply conduit for such a huge array of motorhome parts in the UK.
In the end I ordered the items I needed on the web. As I know know the items were not is stock and 4 weeks later I am still waiting for them to arrive from Germany when we are due to go touring in little over a weeks time.
In desperation today I have called another 3 companies that list Dometic products on their websites. They all tell the same story - nothing is held in stock and everything takes weeks or even months to supply!
Is there any way around this by obtaining the parts elsewhere? Sorry to be so long winded!:cry:

Last edited:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I once sent an email enquiry to Dometic (can't remember what about) and got no reply so forgot all about it until 4 MONTHS later when they answered me!!!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I have cut this thread and sent it to the "man that can" at Dometic

They should be in touch if not send me your contact details and I will make sure that they land on the right desk (eddie@vanbitz.com)

Eddie

OP
OP
G

gerryr

Free Member
Mar 20, 2010
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I have cut this thread and sent it to the "man that can" at Dometic

They should be in touch if not send me your contact details and I will make sure that they land on the right desk (eddie@vanbitz.com)

Eddie

Thanks Eddie. This post is quite old now. In the end I emailed the parent company in Germany which seemed to produce a pretty instant response.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back