Dometic tower fridge/oven (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
In our Hymer B544, we have the tower with an over on top, above that is a ply fill in piece with two metal vents. We have noticed a draught coming in the van on windy days which we originally thought was coming through these vents.
I removed this top part and waited till it was windy (not long up here LOL). So we figured the draught wasn't coming through this, but actually through the oven vent, above the top of the door.

i think it comes down through the chimney/vent for the oven and wondered if there was any remedy as its quite a draught on windy days. You can see the vent above the oven where I originally thought the draught was coming in, but its the oven vent (in the oven above the door) where its coming in.
Tec tower.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Looks like a 7000 series TecTower our first Hymer had one and we used to get that too but only in a howling gale. Not had it in the last two Hymers that have had the 8000 series TecTower.

Something you could try is a flue extension, I know with caravans with a gas fire that used the same vent if parked next to a wall the fire would blow out in strong winds. The cure was to fit the extended vent.

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Any idea what this would be under ? I've had a look on Dometic web site but can't see anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back