Dometic spares from France/Belgium/Germany - help needed (2 Viewers)

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
I'm having great difficulty sourcing a specific Dometic cooling unit (2890352400) in Britain and am now considering buying from the European mainland and having it freighted to the UK.
I'm being given the run-a-round by Leisure Shop Direct (despite their good reviews) who are constantly moving the date they expect the unit in - always tomorrow!!! - and don't reply to my emails.
I have found this french site

Link Removed

but don't understand enough french to work out if they will deliver to the UK. Please can somebody, fluent in french, advise.
Alternatively do any Funsters on mainland Europe know of companies in their own countries who can ship Dometic spares to the UK.
Thanks in advance.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I'm having great difficulty sourcing a specific Dometic cooling unit (2890352400) in Britain and am now considering buying from the European mainland and having it freighted to the UK.
I'm being given the run-a-round by Leisure Shop Direct (despite their good reviews) who are constantly moving the date they expect the unit in - always tomorrow!!! - and don't reply to my emails.
I have found this french site

Link Removed

but don't understand enough french to work out if they will deliver to the UK. Please can somebody, fluent in french, advise.
Alternatively do any Funsters on mainland Europe know of companies in their own countries who can ship Dometic spares to the UK.
Thanks in advance.
Just viewed it on chrome browser and it asked if I wanted it to translate it into English. I selected yes but it keeps redirecting to another page... Something about a mobile page šŸ¤”

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Try Google translate and copy and paste the text. It should be accurate enough to give you an idea. You can also use it to convert a question in English into French on their contact us page.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1594743660847.png

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Cdiscount is a bit like a mini-Amazon, ie, a collaboration of individual companies that trade under the Cdiscount web banner. It would seem that they can deliver world-wide but there may be a few hoops to jump though, such as signing up to their expat site before placing the order. Here is a Google translation of the original information page : Link Removed
I'll have a browse and see if I can find the item elsewhere...

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Cdiscount is a bit like a mini-Amazon, ie, a collaboration of individual companies that trade under the Cdiscount web banner. It would seem that they can deliver world-wide but there may be a few hoops to jump though, such as signing up to their expat site before placing the order. Here is a Google translation of the original information page : Link Removed
I'll have a browse and see if I can find the item elsewhere...
Thanks for the insight, now I understand why the product lines were so extensive. If you are able to find a source elsewhere that would be extremely helpful.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Mr David I've found Broken Link Removed at the same price on another French site which would be delivered to me here for under ā‚¬5. I'm guessing it would be <5kg in weight and a quick check with La Poste seems to show the cost for me to send it on to you would be around ā‚¬23.

I suspect the cost of Cdiscount sending direct to you would be significantly more, so, if it would help, I'd be happy to accept the parcel and send it on to you (y)

Don't be concerned about me hijacking the unit - I have a 12v compressor fridge and my Dometic went to the tip a while back.... šŸ˜

Aug 14, 2013
DĆ©partement 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Mr David - I've had a look, as far as I can, to see if I can see details of shipping. Firstly, please note the VAT inclusive price is 580.46ā‚¬. As has been mentioned by Pete5996, it is necessary to open an account before being able to see the shipping costs. If you don't need this unit urgently, there may be a way of getting shipped to a French address and then relayed to you from there by one or more Funsters. It is possible that I MAY be making a trip to the UK early August, if that would help.

J

Edit - Pete beat me to it in offering to help

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
I've found this French supplier who, from my limited understanding of French, that appears to supply to England with a delivery cost of ā‚¬60

I was wondering if Pete5996 would kindly look at the above link and see if I have understood correctly. Thanking you in advance.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Give these guys a call up in Boroughbridge North Yorkshire. I feel sure they will be able to help.

Tel 01423 320009

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
I've found this French supplier who, from my limited understanding of French, that appears to supply to England with a delivery cost of ā‚¬60

I was wondering if Pete5996 would kindly look at the above link and see if I have understood correctly. Thanking you in advance.

I'm a little concerned by that as, despite their delivery conditions stating that delivery is free to mainland France for purchases above ā‚¬199, they seem to insist on adding ā‚¬60 to the ā‚¬538 cost whether for delivery to France or UK. I suspect they might well bump the delivery charge to the UK once you're well into the checkout process.

The link I put above from the Manomano website shows the same basic price but with delivery at ā‚¬4.85 to France, although I see it is from the same supplier, BVM Pieces. Manomano has a daytime chat facility. I could contact them in the morning and get confirmation of delivery charges to France and the UK, if it helps? I think it's likely that relaying the item via me might well be cheaper in the long run....

Shopping around can be very rewarding and the way internet business works can be intriguing. Last year I found a replacement rooflight for ā‚¬536 from an online camping-car dealer. At the same time it was on sale at Narbonne Accessoires for a bit over ā‚¬700. No need to guess who got my order. When it arrived, it had been despatched from Narbonne Accessoires.....:unsure:

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Give these guys a call up in Boroughbridge North Yorkshire. I feel sure they will be able to help.

Tel 01423 320009
Thanks, I've tried dealing with them but they refuse to help me because I'm not an engineer. When you ring Dometic UK and take the option to talk to their motorhome spares you are put through to Leisure Spares. I complained to Dometic that Leisure Spares would not help, they were surprised and said they would have expected them to supply to anyone. I tried Leisure Spares again and when they again refused me I spoken to the supervisor who said that as the owner of the business he could choose to whom they sold. I was not impressed. šŸ¤”

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Sorry, I thought you just wanted to buy a part.

Yes all I want is to buy a part but they refuse to deal with me as I'm the end user and not the engineer! Money must be pouring into this company if they are happy to turn my custom away!!!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Tell them that a local to you MCEA guy will be fitting it.
Iā€™ve always found Leisure Spares very good. Ordered new Seitz blinds and flyscreens from them when they reopened after lockdown. Eight weeks lead time from Dometic in Germany. Arrived last week excellent service.

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Tell them that a local to you MCEA guy will be fitting it.

I've told them that but it makes no difference. My engineer doesn't want to get involved with them. He's more than happy to do the work, he's done this replacement before, but prefers that I get the part.
All the other nearby engineers I approached have never done that particular replacement before and feel unable do it.
That's why I'm investigating getting the part from Europe.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Pete5996 If you would, please, I'd be very grateful.
Mr David , their chat facility is steadfastly refusing to appear this morning so far. I've been able to confirm that delivery to me is ā‚¬4.85. I shall keep trying to get a confirmed charge for delivery to the UK through the day. Get back to you ASAP (y)

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Mr David , their chat facility is steadfastly refusing to appear this morning so far. I've been able to confirm that delivery to me is ā‚¬4.85. I shall keep trying to get a confirmed charge for delivery to the UK through the day. Get back to you ASAP (y)

Hi Pete,
Thank you very much for your help and I followed up a suggestion from dulvil for me to contact DMS. They responded very quickly to my phone call and have sourced this part from Dometic in Holland, it's in stock, and they will suppy it to me direct in 5-7 working days but normally within 3-4 working days. All this for Ā£457.00 delivered to me.
Leisure Shop Direct wanted Ā£676.08 plus Ā£9.99 delivery but they still can't give me an expected delivery date. So I have now told them to cancel the order.
Provided it arrives as per the above then full marks for DMS.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
That's a great result, Mr David - I'd just PM'd you with some options!
I'll get back to my other chores now......:giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back