Dometic roof AC 2200 in the bin (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Our very good friends @gailsunnymeed have a duff Aircon and @Don Quixote and myself failed to establish the fault other than to assume the transformer or other part of the circuit board is tits up.
John suggested replacing the unit with a Fiamma fan with temperature control. This runs effectively and economically on 12 volts so very handy when not on site.
The Dometic aircon may be offered for spares or repair BUT not at a giveaway price, these are very expensive and the cooling unit is fine.
More to follow with pictures when it happens

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
This is the fan chosen
Broken Link Removed
and I believe this is going on too
Broken Link Removed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The fiamma turbo vent is great. We have one over our bed and when its really hot we put it on sucking in the cooler evening air when we go to bed. The thermostat turns it off as the temperature drops later in the night. During the day it can be used to extract the hot air which builds up at high level in the van. Set to a lowish speed it is very quiet.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Fiama are very good at charging for stuff - I just bought their garage storage system,, almost fell over at the price, but a nice piece of kit. Also the Fiama awning on the Bessie had a far superior rafter than the Omnistor on the new van - I guess you get what you pay for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
If you haven't already bought it, take a look at the "Fantatic Fan" from the Fantatic Vent Corp

Knocks spots of off all its competitors in all counts.

Automatic, thermostatically controlled, automatic rain sensor, quest and efficient.

I have three fitted in my Gulf Stream, one comes as standard and the other two were changed to Fantastic Fans.

Just came back from Spain, where they were extremely effective.

Worth a look

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back