Dometic RMF 8505 bleeping alert (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Our first time away with new fridge, on journey thought I could hear a beeping noise that then stopped, then started again

Decided it could wait till we stopped for lunch , that confirmed it was coming from the fridge area :(

No lights flashing so tried turning off and on, still beeped, tried manually selecting fuel source still the same

Waited till we got to site, got instructions out :whistle:

Turns out it is telling me the internal light is on, why I need to know that I don’t know other than the door is also probably not properly closed (y)

Door opening catch is on top of door but fridge light sensor is half way down about a metre high door

So we now close by pushing door in middle, problem fixed :)(y)

Hope this might someone else one day, although it may only be me who didn’t think of that straight away o_O:)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Our first time away with new fridge, on journey thought I could hear a beeping noise that then stopped, then started again

Decided it could wait till we stopped for lunch , that confirmed it was coming from the fridge area :(

No lights flashing so tried turning off and on, still beeped, tried manually selecting fuel source still the same

Turns out it is telling me the internal light is on, why I need to know that I don’t know other than the door is also probably not properly closed (y)

Door opening catch is on top of door but fridge light sensor is half way down about a metre high door

Hope this might someone else one day, although it may only be me who didn’t think of that straight away o_O:)
Ours does exactly the same.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Ours has the same thing...... The previous owners appear to have solved it by putting a small rubber button at the bottom of the door frame to hold the door firmly shut. The only issue is that it needs a positive push to close the door

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Easy fix, take the door latch apart and give the ss leaver that operates the microswitch a tweak.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Its the alarm telling you that you are about to enter the beautiful County of Cumbria:xgrin::xgrin:.
If we were at home we would have popped over the hill to see you. Happy Birthday.

PS whilst you are up there did you get to the Gin Distillery at the western end of Bassenthwaite?

https://www.lakesdistillery.com

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Gaffa tape the door shut David, you know it make sense.:xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun